New Defensive Coordinator

3,354 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mike Frank
kenwarren84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are the 5 main things the new D coordinator has to do in order for ND's defense to be successful? Thoughts?
subalum75
I can't think of 5. How about 3.

1. Recruit
2. Motivate
3. Game Plan

Get the difference makers committed. Motivate them. Give them a good plan.

Mike Frank
Staff
Recruit big, strong linemen who will stop the run and play with their hair on fire.

Mike
ratdiggler
Mike - w all signs pointing to Elko, what is you take on him as a DC and how would he fit at ND? From what I've gathered he runs a 4-2-5 w the extra DB playing more of a rover (could be good for Tranquil). Sounds like he's a decent recruiter, not sure how aggressive he is but it sounds like once he gets in contact he does a good job building relationships.

Or what do you think of Elston who sounds like he's the 2nd choice after his interview today. If Elston is not the DC next year, do you think he stays on staff?
Mike Frank
Staff
Some good questions.

I like Elko. I think he should do a fine job. It will be interesting to see who he brings with him.

I doubt all three of ND's defensive assistants stay, so I expect some turnover there.

As for Elston, he could stay. Will he want to? He may not have any other options but to stay. But, my guess is Elko has the option to change out at least some of the defensive coaches.

Hard to know who stays and goes yet as it just happened.

Mike
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.