Hicks decommits

2,824 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mike Frank
ratdiggler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most schools look to build momentum leading into NSD... This is a dumpster fire... Hearing Ewell may be next since Gilmore was his key contact. Also sounds like Cage will stick w OSU unless he gets pushed out. Simmons is trending away, Brooks also... Recruits are running from this mess...
subalum75
Hard not to blame the recruits for getting cold feet.
fisher
I'm sure the negative recruiting fires have been well stoked by the competition. Hicks was released, so that's a different situation than if the kid decommits. Maybe his behavior w/r to recruiting was not to ND's liking.

You'd think that naming the new coaching staff members would stabilize the recruiting situation.

Apparently not.
ratdiggler
It wasn't ND releasing Hicks as much as it was a "mutual decision". ND didn't like he was looking around and taking visits, Hicks obviously didn't feel as comfortable w his decision as he did when he committed. Now w that said, as soon as they parted ways all the buzz was around him and Cal, which he committed to last week. And that was before they had a head coach! So you're def right w the lack of stabilization provided from any new coaching hires...
Mike Frank
Staff
Yeah, I'm not sure it was ND dumping Hicks. I think ND was disappointed and wanted to move on, but my guess is only because ND wasn't going to land him anyway.

ND needs DBs, with only one in the class, they really need to sign some at the end here.

Mike
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.