We're experimenting with a new feature specific to The Huddle.

At some point late in the day, we'll be posting links to all of the day's news along with some recent tidbits and any upcoming events to be on the lookout for.

If you're not a premium member of Irish Sports Daily, you can sign up today HERE

Or register for a free account that will allow you to post HERE

First, the big news of the day was Jordan Genmark-Heath flipping from Cal to Notre Dame. More on that below.

Also, an interesting thread last night and into today on the ISD Members Board regarding the potential addition of IMG Academy S&C coach to Notre Dame.

Exchange between IMG Academy giant Daniel Faalele (6'9/390) and David Ballou, the IMG Strength and Conditioning coach.

IMG

Location of Ballou's tweet is quite telling.

This is about as direct an answer as we're going to get until ND issues a press release.

From Quenton Nelson's dad

Some reports regarding the two prospects taking mid-week official visits to Notre Dame this week.

2017 VA LB/S Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is currently on an official visit to Notre Dame. He'll decide between the Irish and Michigan State on National Signing Day.

It's a big two-day period for Notre Dame, as Owusu-Koramoah arrived in South Bend for his official visit on Wednesday night, however, 2017 defensive end Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa arrived earlier in the day.

In talking with a source, the Amosa family arrived around noon and has had an extremely busy day. The 6-foot-3, 265-pounder had a chance to meet with a few coaches and people around the football program upon arrival.

Then the family got a chance to meet with a professor in the Engineering department in the afternoon.

Tagovailoa-Amosa and his family kept the busy schedule, as they met with Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick and President Father John I. Jenkins.

"Everything went great," stated the source.

Tagovailoa visited Navy earlier this week and will head to Vanderbilt directly after wrapping up his visit to Notre Dame.

Notre Dame was able to score a preferred walk-on who could help land one of the Irish's top remaining 2017 targets.

Big news for Notre Dame on Wednesday as 2017 offensive lineman Colin Grunhard has committed to play for the Irish as a preferred walk-on. The 6-foot-1, 270-pounder is teammates at Bishop Miege (Kan.) with 2017 wide receiver Jafar Armstrong, who is expected to visit this weekend and is a high-priority for the Irish. Bishop Miege's quarterback, Carter Putz, will play baseball for the Irish next year.

The Kansas native held offers from Air Force, Colgate and South Dakota.

Grunhard is the son of former Notre Dame offensive lineman Tim Grunhard.

FREE STORIES
Coach: Genmark-Heath Great On Field, "Absolutely Unbelievable" Off It
2017 Cal DB commit Jordan Genmark-Heath is a prime candidate to flip to Notre Dame

Coach: Yeast Is Going To Be "A Heckuva College Football Player"
Russ Yeast's head coach talks about the 2017 Louisville ATH commit the Irish are trying to flip.

Analyze This
Nick DuBose takes a look at the "analyst" role and how the best teams are using them

PREMIUM STORIES
BREAKING: Irish Flip Genmark-Heath
2017 CA DB Jordan Genmark-Heath announced on Thursday that he has committed to Notre Dame.

Excerpt
"After Coach Elko was there and we talked, I asked him what he was thinking and he said, 'I think I'm going to commit to Notre Dame,'" Cathedral Catholic head coach Sean Doyle said. "I said, 'Are you sure?' And he said, 'Yeah.' He said, 'I've been stressed the last four or five days about this, but I just feel so relieved and like I've done the right thing.'

"It was definitely crazy for him, but I think he's made a good choice."

In addition to Cal, the Cathedral Catholic High School standout also pulled in offers from schools like Washington State, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Boston College among several others, but after visiting Notre Dame, Genmark-Heath found his home.

"I think it was everything," his coach said. "I think he really enjoyed meeting the staff, as quick as it was, his trip out there. The campus in itself is unbelievable, but just the feeling of the kids and the coaches. He really liked the older kids he met there and the opportunity for academics."

Film Room: Genmark-Heath Checks A Lot Of Boxes
ISD expert Jamie Uyeyama breaks down Notre Dame's newest commit.

Excerpt
Last year it was Canada. This year it's Sweden.

No, Notre Dame football does not have plans to dominate all of the best hockey nations in the world when it comes to recruiting football players. But for the second year in the row they have landed a commitment from a prospect that doesn't come from a place that traditionally produces football players.

Former Cal commit Jordan Genmark-Heath played his high school ball in California at Cathedral Catholic in San Diego. That is a long way from Sweden, which is where Genmark-Heath grew up. He moved to United State as a high school freshman and although he played football in his home country, he is still fairly new to the game

You wouldn't know it by watching his film. It's not that he is overly polished. It's more about how physical he plays and how natural his ball skills are. At a long 6'2", he is a very good athlete with room to add to the 205 pounds he already walks around at. He has a future at strong safety or Rover for the Irish and the coaching staff did well to get involved to steal him away from Cal.

A Trip Down Memory Lane
ISD publisher Mike Frank takes a look back at Notre Dame's recruiting classes and Signing Days going back over a decade.

Excerpt
When the words "signing day" are mentioned amongst Notre Dame fans, memories quickly turn anywhere from the euphoric to the deepest sense of disappointment. "Signing Day" for Irish fans over the past 20+ years I've been covering ND has been anywhere from glorious to miserable to somewhere in between. Sadly, there has been some soul-crushing daysLorenzo Booker being one of the lowest of the lows.

But, there have been some great moments as well, Manti Te'o being the highest.

There has been a lot of crazy stuff that has happened as well.

For fun, I thought we'd go over the past classes and take a look at some of the battles ND has won and lost. Please keep in mind, when I say lost, every school loses players, so everyone will have a list of those who got away. Some were wanted very badly by all Irish fans, and a lot of those didn't pan out in the end, so sometimes the regret isn't worth the angst.

But, some did and they were a big loss, however, every school loses players. It's kind of fun to walk down memory lane and revisit the past and kind of laugh about some this ridiculousness, and while there are some bad losses here, there were some fun victories as well.

6 Thoughts On A Thursday
ISD expert Jamie Uyeyama's weekly feature on Notre Dame football

Excerpt
Recruiting isn't all that different from what happens on the football field. When things are going bad, adjustments need to be made. Sometimes the adjustments aren't enough to fix what's wrong during a game and the preparation needs to be examined further. And when a game plan isn't the right one, it can be very tough to recover.

It's the same in recruiting. There is always a plan in place, but things can change in an instant. The plan might seem perfect and all of the momentum can be headed in the proper direction, but then things can flip on a program.

Heading into September, Notre Dame was in pretty good shape. They needed to land some commitments at certain positions. They also had a solid base to fill out the rest of the class.

Obviously things have changed drastically since then. It is par for the course when a program has a losing season and has to fundamentally rebuild a coaching staff.

Talking Target List
An extensive breakdown of all the remaining 2017 prospects on Notre Dame's board less than a week before National Signing Day.

Excerpt
Monday night was a good news/bad news situation for Notre Dame.

The bad news was swift and damaging as Arkansas cornerback Tre Norwood announced his commitment to Oklahoma during an in-home visit with the Sooners staff. The decision was a surprise to many, especially coming immediately after what was perceived by all to be a strong official visit to Notre Dame this weekend. Irish head coach Brian Kelly had been scheduled to make an in-home visit with Norwood on Thursday, but that seems doubtful at this point.

The good news was extremely encouraging as Virginia linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah backed off his commitment to the in-state Cavaliers after visit from Kelly at his school. Owusu-Koramoah, who visited Michigan State this past weekend, will take an official to Notre Dame on Thursday and Friday and will announce between the Irish and the Spartans on National Signing Day.

Owusu-Koramoah is the only uncommitted linebacker on our Target List, along with Irish pledges David Adams and Drew White, and could end up playing Rover in Mike Elko's defense.

Never Too Early For Junior Day Talk
An early look at Notre Dame's first big event for the 2018 recruiting class next month.

Excerpt
As the 2017 recruiting cycle ends in six days, Notre Dame will be getting ready to host its first recruiting event for the 2018 class on February 11th with Junior Day.

It's not a secret the 2017 class has had its struggles with the 4-8 season, but Junior Day can provide a chance for Notre Dame to get some positive momentum within the program and on the recruiting trail.

It will be interesting to see who the Irish can get on campus early and if they can squeeze a few commits out of the weekend, the dynamic around the program can change.