Tides are turning?

3,295 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mike Frank
ratdiggler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know Mike, they have to sign these kids. As great as it sounds right now, we did have Graham-Adeabo-Hicks all on board in the fall, only to see them jump ship after that horrendous season. And yes Fish, Kelly needs a makeover after the trashing he took from some recruits feedback last year thanks to his CEO approach. All of which left us ND fans in bitter dismay...

But then Kelly was forced to make some changes, and even re-evaluate himself I think. Reports from last weekend of Kelly spending some quality time w recruits resulted in glowing feedback after Jr Day. In addition we have heard quite a bit about the news staff getting after it. All signs that this program may be starting to get back on track.

Now I will say, after that season and the lackluster after recruiting class, I personally didn't feel like there was much to look forward to. But then the past week made me reexamine the finish to the c/o17. Yes, we didn't have the shiny new toys that Bama, OSU, SC, or UM collected. And there are GLARING holes in positions of need that coil set the program back if not addressed this cycle. But it's not the class itself that made me think, it's the energy and work the staff is putting in. Just think, about that furious close late in the cycle...

The Irish flipped 4* S Jordan Genmark-Heath (CA)
Flipped 3* DE Kofi Wardlow (MD)
Closed w 4* DE/DT Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa (HI)
And beat MSU for 3* OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (VA)

Think about all the ground they covered, in the last few weeks of the cycle. They are not 5* kids, but they are quality kids the staff pulled when their backs were against the wall and the clock was running out.

And now that they have time to build relationships and really sell these kids, they open up the '18 cycle w back to back home runs in 4* CB K Gervin (MI) and 4* S Derrick Allen (GA)... that's insane... and just the start! I mean, they have only been in place 2 months now and look at the results!!!
subalum75
The staffed has definitely righted the ship recruiting wise.

ND usually develops a strong class but fades down the season with landing difference makers. Usually because of so-so football.

This class will be dynamite, only if they current players have success on the field. Another lackluster W/L record, and this class will taper off.
Mike Frank
Staff
I firmly believe ND got some real diamonds in the rough at the end of recruiting. And, I see a lot to like in 2018. I love a guy like Ovie Oghoufu. He won't be rated high because he committed early and won't likely go to a lot of camps, but he's a real talented athlete.

I think the staff does a good job of evaluating talent, and they find some good athletes to develop. Hopefully we'll start seeing that development now with the new S&C program.

Mike
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.