Not sure I agree with this article

14,254 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ndmars
Mike Frank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cubs/heres-why-cubs-fans-should-stop-freaking-out-about-bullpen?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Just because other teams' bullpens are stinking up the joint doesn't mean it's OK for Chicago's.

These guys will surely pitch better, but if you know this group, you know they've always had issues. Strop and Rondon are a mess. Grimm is awful. When you have three mentally fragile guys in your bullpen, that's not a good thing.

They will pitch better, but I just don't think the Cubs can count on a lot of these guys.

What's surprising is guys like Montgomery and Edwards Jr have also struggled.

Mike
Dlogistics
I really expected Edwards to have a huge year. Same with Montgomery and Wade. But 0 confidence in anyone else.
ndmars
prob with baseball is - a couple of crap teams will give the cubs a great closer and setup man, to rent, just in time for the final push and the playoffs....system is flawed
Dlogistics
How would you change this system? There are buyers and sellers in every market in life.
Mike Frank
Staff
Man, Montgomery stunk again.

But, the real issue with the Cubs is Heyward has the best average on the team for regular players....that's terrible.

Mike
Dlogistics
LOL that is funny. was literrally just talking about this. Has Heyward found his groove or is everyone else just below average right now
ndmars
dedoss said:

How would you change this system? There are buyers and sellers in every market in life.

Put some type of cap in, that hopefully would limit teams from renting an extra 30 million for a playoff run every year.

And I am not sure what that cap should look like.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.