It's happening....ND vs Wisconsin

6,914 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by murphjd
mattfreeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Notre Dame and Wisconsin will play at Lambeau Field in 2020 and Solider Field in 2021.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-0814-notre-dame-wisconsin-football-20170813-story.html

ndman
Nice...
muggsy16
Big announcement ...... TOMORROW???? Unless tickets to the games will be free, I think the badger is already out of the bag!
rockne75
Huge series!!!! Lambeau Field!!!
nthurman
Still wish they were playing on each other campuses
sdnd1
I would love to have their coach by then.
franka
Curly Lambuea was a Notre Dame Man. That's apropos.
tdirish
Something doesn't add up here. In 2020, ND already has six road/neutral games scheduled because the 2019 road game against Georgia Tech was moved to 2020. If ND adds a game at Lambeau, that leaves only five home games. And Wisconsin would be the eleventh Power 5 school on the schedule that already includes Clemson and Arkansas. I can't imagine Swarbrick would create such a schedule.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-20/2020-notre-dame-fighting-irish-football-schedule.php

Frankbuz
For the life of me, I don't understand this scheduling. Said it before, with USC and Stanford along with 5 ACC teams, we don't need Georgia, Michigan, Arkansas and now Wisconsin to strengthen our schedule. Of course BK with feel the brunt when he fails to come close to the NC. Good coaches wont' come to ND because of tough academics, tough recruiting rules, facilities, and any of the other reasons often cited by media and fanatic fans. They won't come because of impossibly difficult and stupid schedules.
cuchullin
tdirish said:

Something doesn't add up here. In 2020, ND already has six road/neutral games scheduled because the 2019 road game against Georgia Tech was moved to 2020. If ND adds a game at Lambeau, that leaves only five home games. And Wisconsin would be the eleventh Power 5 school on the schedule that already includes Clemson and Arkansas. I can't imagine Swarbrick would create such a schedule.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-20/2020-notre-dame-fighting-irish-football-schedule.php

If you want to see bad scheduling. Check out Lou Holtz's schedule at ND in 1986 - 1993. The year they won the NC, I think they played 4 top 11 teams. Looks like brutal is back in fashion.
murphjd
sdnd1 said:

I would love to have their coach by then.
Seriously? A couple decent years at Wisconsin while still being probably the fourth or fifth best team in the conference and you want to put him ahead of Kelly who has done it for years? Makes a lot of sense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.