Feel free to ask our staff any questions you have and we'll be happy to answer

13,923 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mike Frank
Mike Frank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Feel free to post them here and will answer them. Thanks,

Mike
IrishCub
What do you think it says about the Administration if we retain Coach Kelly? I don't see how a new DC would change anything. This program needs a cultural overhaul. I'm afraid they don't have the stones to do it.
chrismcc7
Staff
IrishCub said:

What do you think it says about the Administration if we retain Coach Kelly? I don't see how a new DC would change anything. This program needs a cultural overhaul. I'm afraid they don't have the stones to do it.
One thing it could - would say IMHO - is that they're not just going to make a change to make a change.

I don't see a realistic replacement out there who would represent a surefire upgrade over Kelly in my opinion.

Maybe they see things differently or maybe their list of who is "realistic" is different than mine, but if no change is made, I think that's one thing it would say.
jessicapatel123
hello i'm new user.i have feel free to post you.

regards
jessica patel
contact dissertation proposal writing me
ndvalue
When there is an academic integrity problem, should we hold Coach Kelly and Player Development Coordinator Ron Powlus accountable as well as the PLAYERS themselves?

As I sit here almost 50, I would love to give this team a talk on what ND is and what it is about (as you would Mike). I would say to these players, leave ND the moment you can't live the expectations with integrity. The current student body and past student body behave with the highest levels of integrity and humanity of any campus; it stinks that these things happen at ND.

At least with Ty Willingham, academic integrity issue was never raised to my knowledge.

Mike Frank
Staff
ndvalue said:

When there is an academic integrity problem, should we hold Coach Kelly and Player Development Coordinator Ron Powlus accountable as well as the PLAYERS themselves?

As I sit here almost 50, I would love to give this team a talk on what ND is and what it is about (as you would Mike). I would say to these players, leave ND the moment you can't live the expectations with integrity. The current student body and past student body behave with the highest levels of integrity and humanity of any campus; it stinks that these things happen at ND.

At least with Ty Willingham, academic integrity issue was never raised to my knowledge.

That's a good question. I don't think Brian Kelly hires the academic tutors or is in control of what they do.

To be honest, I think it's the ND Admin's fault this happened. They're the people doing the hiring and firing, and they're the ones who should be monitoring as well.

Mike
ndgipper
Mike sorry to bother you but so frustrated by Kelly. Probably a dumb question but can you tell me how many games do you think the coaching staff lost this year not the players bone headed calls?
Mike Frank
Staff
That's kind of hard to say, really.

I think they had a hand in all the losses. The most obvious was the NC State game and their choice of offense. I think they played a large part in all the losses.

Mike
ndgipper
I agree so where does the Administration go from here. Coach made a lot of mistakes throughout year. No real big hire out their right now but sticking with Kelly does not seem to be answer right answer either. It will be same old thing next year. I hav been a Notre Dame fan since early 1960s. I have been going to at least one game a year but this year really feels different. Where do we go from here? Also see another decommit WOW HERE WE GO
ejsjr
What do you think of Matt Rhule and P.J. Fleck as the next ND head coach if BC doesn't come back?
Mike Frank
Staff
ndgipper said:

I agree so where does the Administration go from here. Coach made a lot of mistakes throughout year. No real big hire out their right now but sticking with Kelly does not seem to be answer right answer either. It will be same old thing next year. I hav been a Notre Dame fan since early 1960s. I have been going to at least one game a year but this year really feels different. Where do we go from here? Also see another decommit WOW HERE WE GO

I have a feeling recruiting won't end too well if BK is back. Not sure they'll lose a ton of guys, but they likely won't add any, either.

I'm sure Swabrick has thought of this. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Mike
Mike Frank
Staff
ejsjr said:

What do you think of Matt Rhule and P.J. Fleck as the next ND head coach if BC doesn't come back?

I'd certainly investigate them. I'd really want to know what their plan is to fix ND football. With young coaches, you need to talk about their plan, and who they want to hire, and how they're going to fix things.

As I've said on Power Hour, I'd be looking for the right personality, and someone with a lot of energy. I think that's what it's going to take to get ND over the hump.

Mike
ndman
Mike, who would be your ideal hire at DC if you had the money and the option?
Mike Frank
Staff
I like Michigan's DC. I'd love to take him from Harbaugh, or Venebles from Clemson.

Both would be good hires.

Also like Temple's DC. He gets a lot of miles out of very limited talent.

Mike
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.