2017 defections and transfers, Jonathan Bonner

3,110 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mattfreeman
ndvalue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, the Irish positively surprised us and gave us plenty of drama as well. TY Irish for playing some great football. Beating USC was monumental, best coaching job in a long time. Last two losses everybody knows that story.

Over the summer, I was talking up the defections this year as a reflection of Coach Kelly and staff. Because ND U is such a positive environment and everybody concurs the school focuses on undergraduates in hiring the best professors possible. For the players that stayed, it is remarkable on how you went deep inside your heart to start turning this football program around. TY to the players that grinded it out in 2017.

Please relay to Jonathan Bonner anybody, please reconsider staying at Notre Dame. People your generation are so impatient. You will learn in adulthood that patience is a virtue. I learned it the hard way. That stuff we read in the Bible is true. You came into this year's season as an intelligent, strong as a an ox, assignment focused on each play, formidable formidable DT. One more year in the ND program growing as a DT, you will be in the NFL next year. By staying at ND, you will be avoiding the million distractions of learning and acclimating to a new school, new coaches, new system, new training, new techniques (coaching style), new teammates, etc; this is numerous distractions from you optimizing your football talent. Unless you have other reasons for leaving ND, the fans desire you to stay as you were so exciting to watch. Please reconsider. After exams, please focus and play your best game this New Years Day. We grow in moments; this is such a moment.

mattfreeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Jon Bonner is a senior. Not sure it's like you stated versus more of him being done with football and moving on with his life.

I'm also not sure Brian Kelly had much to do with the transfers. I'm not sure he wants to put players that aren't ready to play on the field so they will stay and he definitely doesn't control some of the personal situations when it comes to why a few of the players left. I think people can point out several things Kelly could have done better but not sure any of transfers could be pinned on him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.