Earlier this morning, we reported that 2020 Ohio DT Darrion Henry would be at this weekend's Junior Day.

As we said then, the Cincinnati native figures to be one of the top targets among the sophomore class for the Irish.

Henry has an interesting tie to the Irish staff as well as his head coach at Princeton High School, Mike Daniels, actually played for Brian Kelly at Cincinnati and coached under him afterward.

"It was good," Daniels said of his time with Kelly. "I enjoyed it. He gave me a great opportunity. I was a captain under him and we won."

Seeing time as a receiver, returner and running back with the Bearcats, Daniels won the Jim Kelly Spirit Award as the player who best exemplified a winning attitude.

"After that, he gave me a position and opportunity to be a graduate assistant under him," Daniels said of Brian Kelly. "I actually went up to Buffalo with Jeff Quinn, who is now the offensive line coach, when he was the head coach at Buffalo. I enjoyed it, I really did."

That familiarity will certainly be a positive in Notre Dame's pursuit of Henry in the future.

The 6-foot-6, 260-pounder already has early offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State and Iowa among others.