Blue-Gold Postgame Recruiting Updates

0 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chrismcc7
chrismcc7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Going to post the recruiting updates I get as they come in in this thread.

Touched base with 2020 Illinois OL Peter Skoronski following the visit.

The Maine South HS standout confirmed that he actually landed an offer from Notre Dame a couple weeks back. He also has offers from schools like Illinois, Iowa and Penn State among others.

He said the visit went "extremely well." He especially enjoyed the campus, the stadium and the tradition in South Bend. He was also excited about his first in-person discussion with Jeff Quinn. Quinn will be out to Maine South in the coming weeks to check out one of Skoronski's track meets.

Skoronski did confirm that his grandfather, Bob Skoronski, played for the Green Bay Packers.

Obviously one of Notre Dame's top targets given the early offer. We'll have more on Skoronski soon.

Spoke with 2020 Kentucky OL John Young following his visit.

The Louisville native already has offers from Louisville, Kentucky, Iowa State and Syracuse,

He said the visit was "great:" and especially enjoyed seeing the facilities, stadium and academic centers.

He thought ND looked good inthe spring game and talked about how the offensive line in particular played well and competed hard.

He spoke with Jeff Quinn, who informed Young he would be touching base soon.

Young said he would love to get back and talked about the great atmosphere and tradition.

Young doesn't have any more visits planned for the moment, but said an offer from the Irish would mean a ton.

Also spoke with 2020 WI OL Trey Wedig who received an offer from Notre Dame today. Wedig was actually off campus, eating dinner when he called Jeff Quinn to thank him for having him down and Quinn extended the offer. Wedig, who visited for the Wake Forest game last fall, was very excited about the offer.

He also has offers from Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Syracuse and Iowa State.

Now that he has the offer from the Irish, he will try to figure out exactly what he wants to study in college and then research Notre Dame further. He'd love to get back to South Bend in the future and I imagine he will. Notre Dame already had his attention and after today, they'll likely have it for sometime.

I spoke with 2019 Florida OL Zachary Teter as well.

Teter has long had an affection for Notre Dame and his first visit didn't disappoint. He talked about his amazement just "stepping on campus" at a school that has always been in his life. The facilities and campus were "amazing" and he loved how everything had a purpose. He had conversations with Jeff Quinn and Autry Denson, who recruits Florida for the Irish. Denson will be down to see him in Florida in the coming weeks.

Teter's offer sheet currently includes schools like Cal, Cincinnati and Cornell among others.

He said an offer from Notre Dame would mean "everything" to him.

I also had a chance to speak with 2020 Kansas OL Turner Corcoran.

Corcoran used the words "surreal" and "incredible" to describe his first trip to Notre Dame. He had the chance to speak with multiple staff members, who encouraged him to keep working hard on the field and in the weight room and that they would be down to see him soon.

Corcoran has offers from Iowa State and Kansas State already. He's got plans to be at Ksnsas' spring game next weekend.

He said he'd love to get back to South Bend this fall to see what the atmosphere is like for a regular season game in South Bend.

Continuing the theme of offensive linemen, I also touched base with 2020 Illinois OL Dylan Barrett who said his trip was "great" and that he had an "awesome time."

Barrett, who has an early offer from Illinois along with some others, made his first trip to South Bend last month and was hapy to get back to see the campus and coaches again. Jeff Quinn informed Barrett that they will be by this spring to check him out and that he'll be back for camp this summer.

He'll be at Northern Illinois next weekend and expects to hit Purdue soon as well.

2020 NC WR Mike Wyman informed us that he had to scratch his plans to get to ND this weekend.

"A tornado hit my community early this week. I wasn't able to go. Family and community was in distress. I had to stay here and help alone with my teammates clean up and get things back in order. I will be going soon."

Back to the line, I also spoke with 2020 Indiana OL Damon Kaylor.

He called the visit a "cool experience" and said he had a chance to tour the entire campus before eating and taking in the game.

He spoke with Jeff Quinn, who encouraged him to keep training and return for camp. Getting back for camp is something Kaylor said he would likely do.

His offer sheet currently includes Virginia, Cincinnati, Ball State and Miami-Ohio among others. He expects to get to Virginia, BC, Cincinnati, Purdue and Indiana in the coming weeks and months.

He wants to major in Business and that will be a key factor in his final decision.

Also caught up with 2019 OL Jarod DePriest who was making his second visit to Notre Dame in as many months after attending March's Junior Day in South Bend.

DePriest saw many of the same things as last time, although he got to see the Basilica and obviously the spring game this time.

He was once again impressed.

DePriest said he'll likely return for a camp in order to try to compete for a scholarship offer.'

He has offers from some smaller schools as a defensive lineman, but Notre Dame and some other major programs are looking at him as an offensive lineman.

If the Irish offer, we think they'd be hard to beat.

Also spoke with 2019 Virginia ATH CaSaan Dixon.

Dixon has offers from NC State and Liberty and was excited about making the trip after having to cancel a previously-scheduled trip in the fall.

He called the visit a "awesome experience" and talked about seeing everything he'd seen in Rudy.

He spoke with Clark Lea, who told him they would be doing further evaluations in a couple of weeks and would be down to check on him soon.

Dixon is encouraged that the Irish are looking close at him "it means they see something in me."

He said a Notre Dame offer would mean a ton to him.

He plans on hitting Clemson and South Carolina for visits in the coming weeks.

chrismcc7
Staff
Spoke to Princeton High School head coach Mike Daniels who brought a trio of his players to South Bend today in 2020 DT Darrion Henry, 2020 LB Jaheim Thomas and 2020 CB Elijah Eberhardt.

Henry was at Notre Dame for last month's Junior Day, where he picked up his offer from the Irish while it was the first trip for both Thomas and Eberhardt.

The trip offered all three a chance to see what Notre Dame is all about. The Irish continue to chase Henry hard while Thomas and Eberhardt are now on their radar.

Henry is serious about ND and is looking forward to returning for a camp this summer to work out with Mike Elston and go through a more intimate visit.

Henry Highlights

Thomas Highlights

Eberhardt Highlights
chrismcc7
Staff
Spoke to 2019 Wisconsin DE Reed Ryan following his visit to ND. Ryan was in South Bend for last fall's game against Miami-Ohio and was just as impressed with today's trip.

Ryan said the ND staff was impressed by his measureables today and they're going to evaluate him fully in the weeks to come. Ryan had a chance to speak with multiple staff members who said they would be in contact with him soon.

He currently has offers from schools like North Dakota State, Northern Illinois, Ball State, Buffalo, Central Michigan and Fordham among others.

An offer from the Irish would surely push them toward the top of his list.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.