Dayln Hayes

4,301 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jamie uyeyama
wfekkers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't hear much chatter about Dayln Hayes. I would think he would be a prime candidate putting pressure on QB.
Mike Frank
Staff
Well, I hope so. I think he was playing "too big" or got "too big" last year. He made a considerable size jump while lifting, and I think it affected his explosiveness a bit.

We've heard they plan to slim him down and focus on his quickness this year, so my hope is we'll see a more explosive player this fall. They really need him to become a good pass rusher, especially in this defense. Two other names I expect to contribute would be Julian Okwara and Jamir Jones. I think those two could really help out in pass rushing as well. All three would be just true sophomores, so who knows how much we can really expect from them. Hopefully they take a big step this spring an fall.

Mike
mattfreeman
Staff
Just not a lot of chatter out there in general with guys just going through workouts. Not really much to report because we don't have access to them and they aren't practicing.
ratdiggler
D Hayes and Kareem starting at the Ends next year?
jamie uyeyama
Staff
ratdiggler said:

It's way too early to say if those guys will start. Things will be wide open at end heading into spring
ratdiggler
jamie uyeyama said:

ratdiggler said:

It's way too early to say if those guys will start. Things will be wide open at end heading into spring

Lol - come on, humor me! Your best guess waaaaayyy too early!!!
jamie uyeyama
Staff
ratdiggler said:

jamie uyeyama said:

ratdiggler said:

Lol - come on, humor me! Your best guess waaaaayyy too early!!!
Sorry, forgot to answer this before. Considering Kareem barely played last season, would be a shot in the dark to say he will start. Let's see him actually do something in spring first. Probably going to be Bonner at one end and Daelin Hayes at the other to start spring. We'll see where it goes from there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.