Class of 2018 - My favorite prospects

5,163 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ratdiggler
subalum75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here are my favorite prospects ND is recruiting for the class of 2018 (of course, the already committed top the list!!)

1. Amon-Ra St. Brown (WR)
2. TJ Pledger (RB)
3. Joshua Moore (WR)
4. Braden Lenzy (WR)
5. PJ Mustipher (DT)
Zonairish
Here are some Defensive golden nuggets that would be great to get:

4 Star DT Jayson Ademilola
4 Star NG PJ Mustipher (top 100)
4 Star WDE Justin Ademilola
4 Star WDE Devin O'Rourke
4 Star SDE Malik Vann
4 Star Buck Dallas Gant (top 100)
4 Star Mike Bo Bauer
4 Star Rover Ovie Oghoufo
4 Star CB Houston Griffith (top 100)
ratdiggler
Question - any word on Vann? Sounded like he was a slam dunk for the Irish, but haven't heard much about him this CY. Wondering if Elko & co. evaluated him and decided he wasn't a fit.
ratdiggler
Rumblings...

Still wondering what's going on w 4* SDE Vann. Went from hearing that he was ND's if they wanted him, to not really hearing his name at all?

Sounds like ND is trailing for 5* WR ASB right now, and not in his Top 3. I want him more than any other WR in this class, but not sure it'll happen.

4* CB Houston Griffith will be on campus this weekend. Hope they lay out the red carpet for this kid, straight baller! And it sounds like he serious interest in the Irish. Worried about OSU, but you never know. In interviews he really sounds like he has a great deal of respect for Elko. Keep in mind he transferred to IMG prior to his Jr year - after living and playing in Chicago. Just think, landing him (combined w Ballou) could help a LOT w the other IMG targets! Pledger, Radley-Hiles, Hightower, Moore... The talent is rich down there!

4* WR Lenzy - visits Oregon tomorrow and then SC on Monday. But there has been quite the buzz around him and ND. Even some talk he shuts it down in the next few weeks, calling South Bend home We'll have to wait and see!

4* ILB Dax Hollifield, a top 3 player at his position nationally, got the ND offer he was hoping for just the other week. He was in South Bend in '15 for a game and from all reports he and his family absolutely loved the trip. He has all the bigs coming after him (Bama, LSU, FSU, Clemson, etc) and while many think he will stay in the South, there's a ton of chatter that ND is the dark horse here. Folks say he and his family are much higher on the Irish than many think. He knows Elko & Lea as they recruited him at WF - def one to keep an eye on!
subalum75
Camryn Babb is a top WR prospect. If ND loses out on ASB, I would like ND to put the full court press on Babb.

ratdiggler
Well, guess that answers my question around Vann. Too bad because I really liked him as a prospect, but I'm gonna trust the judgement of this staff.
Mike Frank
Staff
ratdiggler said:

Well, guess that answers my question around Vann. Too bad because I really liked him as a prospect, but I'm gonna trust the judgement of this staff.
I think the issue with him is he's really only 6-1 tops, and he's 250 pounds. Not sure he can add a lot more good weight on his frame, and he's not a natural pass rusher, so he's kind of a tweener. Good kid. Wish him well.

Mike
ratdiggler
Agreed, think his height cost him.
gautrp
ratdiggler said:

Agreed, think his height cost him.
I bet you if he can run a 4 flat 40, his height would not be a problem. ND might of heard that he is not interested in coming to ND.
ratdiggler
gautrp said:

I bet you if he can run a 4 flat 40, his height would not be a problem. ND might of heard that he is not interested in coming to ND.

No, it's pretty well known that ND was his leader. It came down to either the staff decided he just didn't fit the mold of what they wanted since they already have one SDE on board and would prob only take one more, or that he was getting close to pulling the trigger and the staff decided to pull back and wait to see about other prospects they want more. He stated in an interview how he was disappointed but understood it's a business. But it def wasn't a case of him not being interested
ratdiggler
Gill to OSU, no real surprise there. Hightower to Miami. Falls inline w how things had been trending although I didn't think he'd pull the trigger so soon. Florida schools working hard to keep the in-state talent "home"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.