Mike Frank and Matt Freeman, Post Power Hour....

4,944 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fisher
fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Question.

When you analyzed the D-line and who might play at which position, you omitted Daelyn Hayes in your discussion. You spent a great deal of time discussing Jay Hayes and left out the other Hayes, until the very end of the PH, where just a token few words were used about him.

What do you expect from D. Hayes in terms of position, improvements, attitude and opportunity?

Thanks
Mike Frank
Staff
He will play rush end. I think it's too early to know how "good" he's going to be. I think it will be important for him to work on his technique. He just didn't have very good technique when rushing the passer. He had a lot to learn, but he also hadn't played a lot of football prior to last year.

He also had never been a DE. He was more of a OLB in HS, so he never had to play in a 3-point stance, or having to do the things he had to do last year in regards to pass rush. Before he just tried to run by people, but he couldn't do that at this level in a 3 point stance.

I will say he was tough against the run. He'd get overwhelmed at times, but he fought hard.

Mike
fisher
Thanks Mike, appreciate your analysis.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.