Mike and staff experts, ? on TE recruiting for '18..

2,809 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mike Frank
fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zack Kuntz was a guy with whom ND seemed to develop a good relationship last fall until the October
swoon, whereupon he committed to State Penn.

Any chance the Irish will resume his recruitment at this time? The Irish will need TE's for the next cycle
with Luatua and Smythe graduating and no assurances that Weishar and Alize Jones Mack returning, especially if Jones Mack has a breakout year.

The Irish are in the mix with a few other TE, Muhammed and Ruckert, the recent visitor from upstate NY.
Mike Frank
Staff
Kurtz visited and chose Penn State. Not sure wha more ND can do about it? I'm sure they'll stay in contact, but ND usually doesn't recruit kids hard who are committed to other schools. I don't see TE as a huge need, but I do know they'd like to get one. ND is in solid shape with those that they still have offers out to. Ruckert just visited and liked his visit a lot.

I think they'll end up with someone in the end. Wouldn't surprise me if it's someone they currently have offers out to now.

Mike
mattfreeman
Staff
Too many talented TEs out there who haven't committed to programs to focus on one that has committed already.
ratdiggler
Ruckert sounded like he LOVED his visit to South Bend last week! And IMO, when comparing Ruckert and Kuntz your basically splitting hairs. But I also agree w the staff on this one as there are lots of talented TEs out there still uncommitted. And w the haul we had last year at TE, they would be fine a solid 2nd tier kid who can provide quality depth.
subalum75
I think Ruckert is plan A. Takacs is Plan B.
Mike Frank
Staff
ND likes Will Mallory as well and they're recruiting him hard.

Heard Hiestand worked with his Dad at Illinois, so they have a real good relationship. Still, Michigan seems to be the team to beat right now.

Mike
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.