Cover Women's Basketball

2,707 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mike Frank
ejsjr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just watched the Irish women's basketball team destroy Ohio State and advance to the Elite 8. They accomplished that even without their star, Brianna Turner, who is out with a knee injury. I have never seen any team shoot like the women did tonight. They poured in 3 after 3 and hit something like 19 out of 20 from the line, scoring 99 points. Their guard play was outstanding. I haven't watched much women's basketball, so this game was an eye opener for me. I think Irish Sports Daily should start covering the wonen's basketball team.
fisher
Won't have to cover very long. They're not going to shoot like that 2 games in a row. It just doesn't happen. They played very well on O, not so much on D.

Stanford matches up well with ND in terms of size and shooting. Just don't think Irish will win without the post position as this was the big advantage that ND had over Stanford.

Recruit better players in the post and gain the advantage. Hasn't happended for 3 years (since Turner) now they pay the piper.
Mike Frank
Staff
If we can get enough people who are willing to pay for a year subscription that will allow us to hire another person, sure we'd cover it.

But, that's not going happen. Sadly, nobody is willing to pay for women's BB coverage. They're not really willing to pay for men's BB coverage, either.

Mike
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.