Story Poster
Photo by Rick Kimball/ISD
Notre Dame Football

DeShone Kizer Transcending Draft Fashion by Paying it Forward

April 27, 2017

DeShone Kizer will be sticking out at Thursday’s NFL Draft, as he will be raising awareness for the Andrew Weishar Foundation (Weish 4Ever).

Jack Link's bought the lining in the 6-foot-4, 235-pounder’s jacket and Kizer will donate the proceeds to the Andrew Weishar Foundation, who provides immediate resources to families with adolescents or young adults stricken with cancer.

“Amidst one of the most exciting times in his life, DeShone expressed that making a difference for our charity and the families we support is among his priorities,” said Dan Weishar, who is Executive Director of the AWF and Andrew's younger brother.

“We are humbled by the incredible support he is showing our cause.  DeShone’s backing of this mission will have a powerful and immediate impact on the lives of these families in need.”

Kizer wanted to make a difference on a stage that had the brightest lights and the NFL Draft was the spot to pay it forward.

“You see firsthand the impact of The Andrew Weishar Foundation," Kizer said in a statement by the Andrew Weishar Foundation. "I am proud to be a part of the mission of helping families in need.”

ESQ Clothing DeShone Kizer's NFL Draft Jacket
Ge Wang, the owner of ESQ Clothing, will be fitting Kizer on draft night and believes the move is a transcendent one.

“DeShone and I have mutually known each through the Notre Dame pipeline, especially with my work with the coaches and former players,” stated Wang, a graduate of Notre Dame. “He reached out to me in terms of his draft suit.

“It’s the first time I have seen something like this done. It’s really a great place, sponsorship aside, to raise awareness for a charity and one that DeShone really cares a lot about. It’s a great way of paying it forward.”

When it comes to Kizer’s look, it’s simple and classy.

“It’s a unique look for DeShone,” stated Wang. “It’s gray flannel trouser with a double-breasted vest and a lavender pure silk jacket over the top with a nice pair of brown Chelsea boots.”

Wang says a lot of time and energy went into the developing the details of the outfit, but it’s one Kizer won’t regret down the line.

“We came together with ideas and we wanted to do something different but classy at the same time,” said Wang. “Our mantra is we want to create something that stands out on an important day in your life without you looking back in 10 years and saying, 'What the heck was I wearing?’"

Learn more about the Andrew Weishar Foundation here: http://www.weish4ever.org/
Facebook: Weish4Ever
Twitter: @Weish4Ever

Discussion from...

DeShone Kizer Paying it Forward on Draft Night

13,651 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tommynacc
GulfCoastIrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is cool.

Also like that ESQ is in on the action.
jd in portland
Good for Kizer. Surprising that no one before has done it.
A great move.
Great cause.
tommynacc
What would one expect for everyone involved--all Notre Dame Men!

Way to go ESQ!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.