Maturity of Deshone

2,441 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by kevhurls
Irishcajun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why do some question the maturity of Deshone Kizer? I understand about his skills still need to be worked on but people, like Mel Kiper, say he needs to mature off the field. What does he mean by that? Is age a factor and/or is it other aspects?
mattfreeman
Staff
DeShone doesn't know who he is, so he sends mixed messages. Just look at the last few months. Most kids his age are at the same point in their life, so it's not like he's at a place where you have to be concerned in terms of who he is when comparing him to his peers. However, most his age aren't handed the keys to a franchise with millions of dollars at their disposal.

That's why sitting a year or more is important for him. He needs to start making mature decisions and start to set himself up for success.

DeShone needs to do a lot of growing up off the field before he's ready to handle the NFL and all that comes with being a starting quarterback in the NFL.

kevhurls
@MattFreeman - Good answer, (Free?)man. People must realize that DeShone's mature comportment is an illusion. Not saying he's deceiving us fans or anything;; but how one is perceived does not necessarily translate to how one acts. I'm not crapping on DeShone or anything. but were he not entering the draft I think DeShone would have probably been assigned some more responsibility for the travesty of the 2016 season. Still, I wish my fellow-Domer luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.