Most Important Player in 2017?

4,905 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by NDCrusader
mattfreeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Who is most vital to this season for the Irish? Who can't Notre Dame lose?

For me, I would say Brandon Wimbush. I think Ian Book can do a fine job, but I also feel that Wimbush is the traits to will Notre Dame to win games and the entire team can feed off of him. Leadership has been vital to Brian Kelly's teams at Notre Dame and Wimbush is one of those guys that makes everyone better.

chrismcc7
Staff
Mike Elko. Is that cheating because he's not a player.

How about whoever is the most important player in Elko's mind?
5th qtr irish
I think most people expect Wimbush to play at least solidly with his talent and what he has around him.

To me, the most important guy is Mr. Tillery. If the light goes on and he plays with consistent effort and technique, this defense can be pretty good. If he is invisible that really limits what Elko can do. He has played a lot as a young player and now we need him to shine.
mnewlon
Agree with Tilery. But more about him having to be healthy. Even when not setting the world on fire, he does more eating up space than anyone else on the roster. If he gets hurt, watch out.
ndman
I want to say Wimbush but I think Book would be ok filing in if Wimbush went down, so my vote is either ESB (who I think is primed for a huge year) or Quentin Nelson.
und63
Setting Wimbush aside, I think it's the right tackle, whoever that turns out to be. The O-line needs to dominate and the other 4 positions look solid.
NDCrusader
Obviously Wimbush but next I'd have to go a 3 way tie between Tranquil, Morgan and D Hayes. One of them will probably be the most impactful member of Elko's D.

His SS at Wake (Jessie Bates) was his #2 tackler last year as a RS Fr. Maybe Jalen Elliot has a breakout year at Stud - if he is in fact the starter(?)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.