Top Playmakers on Defense?

6,155 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by koonja
mattfreeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
We did offense yesterday...who are your top playmakers on D?
pshakes831
Daelin Hayes and Nyles Morgan...need them to have monster years

IN ELKO WE TRUST!!!
IIO
1. Shaun Crawford
2. Nyles Morgan
3. Nick Watkins
4. Drue Tranquill
5. Daelin Hayes
TheGroove91
Nyles Morgan
Shawn Crawford
Daelin Hayes (please)
Greer Martini
Nick Watkins

jkowens
1. Daelin Hayes
2. Dru Tranquill
3. Nyles Morgan
4. Shaun Crawford
5. Nick Watkins
NYNDBLUE
1. Dru Tranquill
2. Shaun Crawford
3. Julian Love
4. Nyles Morgan
5. Daelin Hayes

Unfortunately Dru and Shaun have been injury-prone, If healthy I expect big things. Love's performance as a freshman was really strong and he should be ready for more

Nyles is really good, but last year appeared too heavy. Excited to see what he does now that he's in great shape.

Of course Daelin can shoot to the top of this list. He has great potential. Just needs to deliver on the field.
Washoe
Morgan
Tranquill
Crawford
D. Hayes
Tillery

Morgan will be a beast this year
Tranquill will be all over the field
Crawford crazy athletic and explosive
Hayes Mr. Potential
Tillery We need this

GO IRISH!
mnewlon
Morgan
Martini
Tranquil
Hayes, D
Coleman
ndsean44
For me, D Hayes, Morgan, Tranquill and Crawford are the guys I see making the plays.

But a wildcard I see is going to be Jonathan Bonner. For some reason, I see him coming out of nowhere and being the guy who catches our collected breaths. I think we're all looking at Tillery to be the guy to step up and I think he has a pretty good year, but I like being different and I like the cut of Bonner's jib.
ColoradoIrish
Upon cursory review of the practice reports...we have major problems at DT no? Everything on D starts up front and in the middle. I think 8 wins is optimistic at this point.
InLeaWeTrust
Morgan, Hayes, and Tranquill would be my top 3. I think Jay Hayes is at the top of the next tier, with Martini. Not sure Hayes will have the production numbers of those other 3 but I think he's going to be quite disruptive.
koonja
This year IMO it'll be:

Morgan
Crawford
Daelin Hayes
Jay Hayes
Drue Tranquill
koonja
Question for staff, mixed reports on the DL, but specifically the interior, seems like in reading between the lines, they could use a fire lit under them. Sounds like a few of them simply don't care to play hard or have any grit.

In the two practices you saw, besides the coaches, are the players getting on them? I really hope Nyles, Drue, Martini - whoever else - is letting these guys know they need to get it together. If they can't play hard for themselves, play hard for their teammates who do care.

Are any players stepping up on the defense to let them know that going through the motions is not acceptable?
koonja
How is Isaiah Robertson looking so far? Haven't heard a word about him, good or bad - and he was one of the top 5 defenders in the spring game, and clearly the best looking safety IMO.

Yes, it's the spring game - but he still stood out and others didn't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.