Will ND sign a 5-star?

3,543 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mike Frank
koonja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going by 247 ratings, ND hasn't signed a 5-star recruit since 2013 (Redfield, Jaylon Smith). Yikes!

I can't think of a 5-star ND is even in the running with. Will we get one this year? If so, who will it be? Or what position would it be?
mattfreeman
Staff
ISD has Phil Jurkovec and Jamaree Salyer rated as five-stars right now.

Salyer will be in South Bend for the UGA game. It's going to be a very tough pull but the kid keeps coming back to Notre Dame.

Derrik Allen also has the potential to jump to five-star status on a few ranking services.

ISD FAB 50
InLeaWeTrust
There are a few guys in this class that are in that conversation, whether they make it or not is irrelevant to me. They are damn good.

Jayson A, Phil J. Derrik Allen, and I think you could consider Shayne Simon a 5 star for the Rover position. He's the ideal fit, which is just as important as pure talent, IMO.

Also, Jack Lamb is a high 4 star MLB, IMO. Probably not a better fit for ND at MLB in the country.
Mike Frank
Staff
Not sure they will sign a consensus 5-star, sadly, but 4-8 will do that to you.

I do think they've landed some quality players, though.

I think they need to land some even better players down the stretch. Hopefully with some wins, starting with Temple and Georgia, that will open some doors.

Mike
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.