HOOPS: Calipari Working on Simi ****tu & His Mom

4,120 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GulfCoastIrish
Buccos815
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Simi & Calipari (Link won't work, but Matt provided a good link below)

Kentucky's Calipari checks in on 2018 forward Simi ****tu

Kentucky coach John Calipari checked in Tuesday on Simi ****tu, the 6-foot-10, 225-pound forward from Vermont Academy and the CIA Bounce AAU program.

Calipari called Vermont Academy coach Alex Popp as well as ****tu's mother.

"Calipari was excited that Simi is just 17 years old," Popp said. "He was also excited to hear that Simi is a gym rat. He mentioned that Simi is very fortunate to be playing the game of basketball in this era. Cal said the trend right now is positionless basketball and that's what Simi is.

"I personally think Simi is unique because he makes the positionless thing work on offense and defense. Usually, young players try the positionless deal because it's popular, but they lose momentum because they get exposed on defense. Simi thrives on both ends of the floor in this role. That's why I think he is a top 3 player in the country."

Simi ****tu '18 Junior Season Highlights 2016-17 from Vermont Academy Boys Basketball on Vimeo.
A first-team All-Peach Jam selection, ****tu previously told ZAGSBLOG he hopes to cut his list down to "five or 10" sometime after AAU season, possibly in August.

"I'm just taking it day by day," he said recently.

Popp said North Carolina, Oregon, Vanderbilt, Baylor, Notre Dame, Arizona and UConn are "working the hardest on Simi."

Kentucky's Kenny Payne is expected to watch ****tu this weekend at the CIA Bounce event called "The Classic" in Brampton, Ontario.

****tu previously said getting offers from Kenucky and Duke "would be nice, that's up to them really."

This post was brought to you by the 2008 & 2011 Champion of the Irish Eyes Fantasy Football League, the 2009 ISD Runner of the Year, the 2010 Champion of the ISD Pigskin Pick'em League, the 2018 & 2020 Champions of the ISD Fantasy Football League and the 2021 Champion of the ISD NCAA March Madness League
PortND
Love the effort by staff but waste of time in my opinion, put your efforts into a kid who is going to be with the program at least 3 years.

Says a lot though as to how the program has stepped forward, thanks Coach Brey.
Pepe Silvia
S h i t
ndbutch
I hate to sound like Allen Pinkett. But basketball players looking for 1 and done aren't going to choose ND. And I'm alright with it. Frankly the current rule probably epitomizes the hypocrisy of college athletics more than anything else but it helps ND. Keeps the pool of prospects large.
mattfreeman
Staff
LINK TO STORY
tcbrindle
I just wished he blocked shots harder. He's way too passive at that.

signed,

every kid whose shot was blocked by ****tu in the video and decided to never shoot again
ndtim2005
Thank God we have that stupid ****ing profanity filter.
GulfCoastIrish
ndtim2005 said:

Thank God we have that stupid ****ing profanity filter.
Lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.