Kelly making moves...

2,632 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ratdiggler
ratdiggler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kelly going back to taking over offensive play calling full time
Elko in as the new D.C.
Polian back at ND as the Special Teams Coor
Longo and Booker are out

I think BK taking over the offense may be his demise! He is too stubborn. Too often he tries to go w finesse when they shud just line up and go right at the opposing team - sometimes you just need to dig ur feet in and show them who the baddest SOB on the block is...

Elko - I think this may be a solid hire! I went back and watched the WF-FSU game and he did an excellent job. Love the front w 4 down and the 2 LBs up, covering all 6 gaps. They play aggressive and downhill. Plus the 4 deep covered the field well while the Rover was mixing it up, dropping into coverage (flats and over the middle) at times and then rushing the QB at other times. And the Rover was not always a DB, as he brought in either a 3rd LB or DE depending on the down, distance, and situation. I like what he brings. They did a solid job vs FSU w much less talented kids.

Don't know much about Polian past he is suppose to be a better STC than a HC. He was at ND before, so he knows what he's getting into. Anyone have more on how he is as a STC or a recruiter?

Longo and Booker - sorry but I'm glad he made this move. I know a lot of the injuries the team has encountered couldn't have been prevented, but there were a lot of other injuries that might have been. They need a new attitude and need to really grind in the weight room, no more country club atmosphere. The last few years the teams have been soft, getting pushed around. Time to turn that around. And Booker's special teams were horrendous. They had a few big plays here and there, but gave up way more than they made. You have you win in ALL 3 phases of the game if you want to compete w the big boys!

Lastly, w Sanford gone who do guys think might be the next QB Coach? Sanford did a great job recruiting and building relationships. Seemed like a great guy and coach, can't get mad at him for taking a shot at being the main man. But I don't know if you can really speak to his development of his QBs though considering the situations we've witnesssd. In '15 we saw Zaire come out gunning and then go down only to have Kizer step right in like he was the #1 all along. But then asbthe season went on I felt like Kizer regressed. And this year we saw Kizer lose precious reps in the Spring & Fall camps as Kelly couldn't make a decision and had DK & MZ splitting 1st team reps. Think of how much more on point Kizer could have been if he was the guy all offseason. We'll never know...

What do you guys think?
ratdiggler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And now Gilmore is out...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.