Story Poster
Notre Dame Football Recruiting

DISCUSS: Call Your Shot

January 31, 2017

National Signing Day is almost here.

Notre Dame is currently sitting on 18 verbal commitments in the Class of 2017 with four prospects left on the board. The Irish have secured verbal pledges from three prospects within the last week with California defensive back Jordan Genmark Heath, Kansas wide receiver Jafar Armstrong and North Carolina kicker Jon Doerer all announcing their intentions to sign with the Irish next fall.

Genmark Heath was committed to Cal before his official visit earlier this month while Armstrong was pledged to Missouri and Doerer to Maryland before they took their trips to South Bend this weekend.

If Notre Dame is going to have similar success in the final hours of the process, it will require some more flips. Two of the final four prospects are currently committed elsewhere while a third had been committed elsewhere until a couple weeks ago.

We believe the Irish have a shot at each of the remaining targets, but how do you think the Irish finish?

(UPDATE: Arizona DE Jalen Harris announced his intentions to stick with his pledge to Arizona on Tuesday evening)

REMAINING TARGETS

DE Kofi Wardlow: Maryland, Virginia Tech or Notre Dame?

DE Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa: Vanderbilt or Notre Dame?

LB/S Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah: Michigan State or Notre Dame?

ATH Russ Yeast: Louisville or Notre Dame?

Comment below

NOT A PREMIUM ISD SUBSCRIBER? JOIN NOW AND GET ONE WEEK OF COVERAGE FOR JUST $1. JUST CLICK HERE

DISCUSS: Call Your Shot

28,531 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by calhoun
chrismcc7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
grtcatch said:

Why Yeast now ?
Hearing positive things regarding ND's chances in recent hours.
ndman
chrismcc7 said:

And then there were four.

Well..... *****
gautrp
Maybe Amosa
ratdiggler
Amosa is the only one I feel good about...
Kofi is a tough read, but I'll say Irish as well w him
Yeast & Harris are sticking w their commitments
JOK sounded like he was bound for South Bend after decommitting from VA, but after that trip to MSU I'm not so sure. Sounded like he was leaning towards Sparty
ndman
ratdiggler said:

Amosa is the only one I feel good about...
Kofi is a tough read, but I'll say Irish as well w him
Yeast & Harris are sticking w their commitments
JOK sounded like he was bound for South Bend after decommitting from VA, but after that trip to MSU I'm not so sure. Sounded like he was leaning towards Sparty

He took the trip to MSU before he took the trip to South Bend, he decommitted after Kelly came and talked to him at school. Still a tough read though.
Mike Frank
Staff
xavierirish33 said:

Wardlow-Nd
Buccos-Pitt
Amosa-ND
Freeman-Minn
Owusu-ND
Frank-Neb
Martin defects from Mich. ND

man, don't do me like that. I'd commit to satan before Nebraska!

Mike
goirish23
Myron - Irish
Owusu - Irish
Yeast - Irish
Wardlow - Terps
Hippenhammer - Irish
irishfan79
Owuso-ND
Amosa-ND
Yeast-Louisville
Wardlow-ND

I'd be happy with 2/4, extremely happy with 3/4 and ecstatic with 4/4. Just think Yeast sticks with Louisville due to relations with the other commits.
calhoun
In light of the cheating scandals and thuggery on Kelly's watch, it's a good bet he's been warned about character issues with this year's recruits.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.