What was your toughest, hardest, most depressing, gut-wrenching ND loss to take?

9,444 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by kevinhurls
saturdaysarebetter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What was your toughest, hardest, most depressing, gut-wrenching Notre Dame loss to take?

ohiondfan
Losing to Michigan in 2006 when we were #2 in the country was pretty tough.
Mike Frank
Staff
I'd say the BCS bowls against Ohio State and Oregon State were really tough to watch, and the 2012 NC game because it showed how far away ND was.

Mike
strangebrew
Is the rest of the question supposed to say, "besides 1993 Boston College"?
saturdaysarebetter
strangebrew said:

Is the rest of the question supposed to say, "besides 1993 Boston College"?
That one has to be way up on the list, definitely.
GulfCoastIrish
I don't remember it entirely, for my brain has detached me from it in order to prevent me from having a stroke, but I vaguely recall it taking a few weeks to shake the depression that set in via one Bush Push.

hockey8390
Michigan 2011. That tore my soul apart
randywhall
USC 2005 because we had that won...until we didn't. Michigan in 2009-11 were all crushing for different reasons.
TornisODaly
Michigan 2011.

It broke me as a fan.
kevinhurls
BC game, 1993. I'm pretty sure - the one we lost on a last-minute (I think) kick by David Gordon of BC after beating Fla.St. the prior week to be 10-0 and ranked unanimously #1. I'm from Boston-ish. I attended classes at BC recovering from a near fatal car incident in 1985. (a Frosh, I was hit'n'run'd in X-walk to SMC @ 3 AM by So.Bend wo-manslaughteror) I recovered enough to attend ND in 1988 for the Natty-season. (should have been my senior-year) But I couldn't manage ND's academics with brain damage. (which I still have) So I have a love/hate relationship with BC. And witnessing this upset did not help the love-part...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.