COMMITTED!!!! 2022 - QB Prospect - Steve Angeli - NJ - 4 Star - 6'2 / 205

3,867 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by subalum75
subalum75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just stumbled on Steve Angeli. One of the three QB prospects the Irish have offered for the class of 2022.

He is rated as a 4-star recruit, but doesn't make the cut for the top 250.

There isn't recent game file on him, so I'm attaching a recent (somewhat) throwing session.

He appears to have the legit size (6'2 / 205) ND would want. Looks good from a technique standpoint (footwork, throwing motion). Bosco is a great program, so he will come in with the pedigree.

Not really much more recent videos of him to assess. I thought a 2018 highlight was to old to have any worth.

subalum75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Angeli has given his VERBAL COMMITMENT to Notre Dame's class of 2022!!!

I was able to find a highlight clip of his Junior season. About 8 minutes long. I understand this isn't an overly accurate picture of a player but it is the best I can do!!!

100-95 5-Star
94-88 4-Star
87-80 3-Star

After watching his Junior highlights, I gave Engeli a final grade of 87, which makes him a 3-star.

Here are some notes:

- Angeli is a pocket QB. Not a dual threat style QB. That said, he is athletic enough to have a couple of designed plays where he can use his legs to pick up 3-4 on a 3rd and 2.

- Angeli is at his best when he is in rhythm and the rest of the offense executes (protection, routes)

- Arm strength is sufficient. Not as big an arm as Allar though. More in the Tommy Rees mode,

- I like his pocket presence. will move in and out of the pocket and not necessarily abandon the pass, Will keep his eyes downfield .

- Has some experience lining up under center. Not just out of the gun.

- Angeli is more in the game manager mold than a QB that can put the game on his shoulders.

- Overall grade 87. Just shy of a 4-star.

- There is room for improvement. That said, he has almost 3 years to work on technique and develop physically/mentally before he has any real expectations of seeing the field as a QB.

- If I'm ND, I keep on Wimsatt and Allar. Especially Wimsatt, as he is completely different than Allar.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.