Women play a good FSU team this evening…

16,311 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GVSND
irvinejack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Be interesting to see how the team fills the Dara void.
Spes Unica
Time for Sonia to shine.

I bet she does.
lujack32
I believe that they will need to play much better than they did against Virginia and score at least 77-80 points in order to win this game. Hopefully they will.
tonyndnick
FSU has proven the pre-season prognosticators wrong. The Seminoles are currently ranked #24 in the country. They're in second place in the ACC. They're two conference losses have been to Boston College and Louisville.

This could be a tough game tonight for the Irish. ND will have to play a solid game to win. I don't know if the Irish will decide to slow the game down or run with FSU. We'll see tonight how much the loss of Dara impacts the team. Sonia Citron definitely stepped up on Sunday after Dara went down early. Sonia played an excellent game. I think KK Bransford and Cassandra Prosper will get more playing time with Dara out. The two freshmen are going to have to step up.

I can't believe this game isn't being televised.
lujack32
tonyndnick said:

FSU has proven the pre-season prognosticators wrong. The Seminoles are currently ranked #24 in the country. They're in second place in the ACC. They're two conference losses have been to Boston College and Louisville.

This could be a tough game tonight for the Irish. ND will have to play a solid game to win. I don't know if the Irish will decide to slow the game down or run with FSU. We'll see tonight how much the loss of Dara impacts the team. Sonia Citron definitely stepped up on Sunday after Dara went down early. Sonia played an excellent game. I think KK Bransford and Cassandra Prosper will get more playing time with Dara out. The two freshmen are going to have to step up.

VT-Duke
Michigan-Maryland
Ohio St.-Indiana
Tenn-UConn

I will get my fill!
jtthedomer
ND women should never try and slow the game down.That"s when they get in trouble,because there half court offense is stagnant.
txirish74
tonyndnick said:

Tony- Many of the former Fox Sports regional networks (now Bally's) have picked it up. It's on Bally's Sports Southwest here in Dallas.

Good luck!
joirish
What? Didn't I read yesterday that FSU wanted to ditch women's sports? FSU needs to make up their mind, what's it going to be boys?
rocky19299
Keep the turnovers to a minimum.
tonyndnick
I did some checking around and found out the following:

ND is the top field goal percentage team in the conference.
ND is the top defensive team in the ACC based on lowest opponent FG percentage
ND is the top assist per game team in the conference.
ND is middle of the pack in the conference for turnovers per game.

FSU is the top scoring team in the conference. Irish are #2.
FSU is the top rebounding team in the conference. Irish are #3.
tonyndnick
Just a reminder how deep the conference is. Louisville got beat by Wake Forest. Wake is at the bottom of the conference. Pre-season ACC favorite Louisville was 3rd in the conference.

North Carolina beat Pitt, but they had their hands full. Pitt hasn't won a conference game this year.

Coaches don't take any team for granted. Unfortunately players can. In the ACC it usually results in a loss or a close victory.
irvinejack
On the ACC network. Score was 7-2 ND when I turned it on and they didn't score a point.
They look like a high school team.
FSU now ahead 16-7.
Unbelievable
irvinejack
10 minutes without a point. Finally.
tonyndnick
I can't get any of the Bally broadcasts, so following the game on ESPN.

At the end of the 1st quarter the score was 12-7 FSU. Irish shot 15% from the field. FSU shot 29%. Ugly offenses.
misk
Down by 10 in the middle of 2nd quarter- Miles is out with 2 fouls - turnovers are still a problem combined with poor shooting
misk
Got the video using ESPN+
misk
Irish scores 10 straight points - now tied with 2 minutes left in 2nd quarter.
misk
23-22 FSU up at half. ND 9 point by Bransford and 7 team turnovers. Brutal first quarter - scored only 7 points. No three pointers for ND.
tonyndnick
Neither team doing much on offense. FSU is shooting 25% from the field. The Irish have improved to 24% from the field. Both teams have 7 turnovers. Irish have 27 rebounds. FSU 25 rebounds. FSU is the leading rebounding team in the conference. Westbeld, Miles, and Citron are a combined 3-12. At least 2 out of 3 are going to have to show some offense for the Irish to win. FSU's hit 1 3 point shot. Irish no 3 point shots.
last2no
Finally got the lid off the basket for the last 3-4 minutes.

I think we had a stretch in there where we missed 10 shots totaling 16 feet.
misk
ND up 42-31, 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter. Made last nine straight points.
misk
ND 49-33 end of 3rd quarter. Miles has been terrific setting up her teammates. Bransford and Citron are doing much of the scoring.
tonyndnick
FSU turning the ball over. Irish with 8 turnovers, but only 1 in the third quarter. Irish out rebounding the top rebounding team in the conference 40-32.
misk
64-40 ND half way through the 4th quarter. Citron and Bransgord leading the scoring. ND has played a stifling zone and really limited the FSU leading scorer to 9 points (I think she leads the ACC in scoring).
misk
Final 70-47 - 22 points in first half and 48 points in second half- led by 19 points by Citron, Zeno had a double-double.
misk
Ebo not Zeno
tonyndnick
Irish destroyed FSU on the boards out rebounding FSU 55-37 resulting in 23 second chance points for the Irish. Irish shot a deceptive 35%. Ugly start for ND, but much better shooting the 2nd half. FSU shot 27%. Helps Irish hold on to #1 field goal percentage defensive team in the ACC.

Sonia Citron came alive in the 2nd half.
GVSND
I stopped watching at half to work. I wondered if they would settle down and start making their open looks. That is a top offensive team they stymied tonight.
GVSND

irvinejack
After I decided I'm bad news for them and turned it off they outscored the Noles 63 to 31. Not bad.
Rottie1003
And once again the fans turned out. It was a snowy miserable travel weather in South Bend however the arena was pretty full and very loud and after the first dreadful quarter the team really caught fire Sonia is a superstar
und63
Sonia needs to be more consistently offensive minded and Miles needs to look for her. This team unfortunately lacks outside shooting but the more you watch them the more you realize how well coached they are. I wondered about Ivey early on but no longer. Just needs to recruit a top big.
GVSND
I think they have plenty outside shooting. However, unlike Mabrey, Citron, Westbeld, Miles and Brown don't need to focus on hunting threes. Branford can shoot it, too. They just need to wait for the looks in the flow of the game. Citron does need to be more assertive at times, but FSU did a good job of running her off the line in the first half.
GVSND

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.