Notre Dame Football Recruiting

BREAKING | 2021 OL Joe Alt Announces Commitment To Notre Dame

July 6, 2020
7,736

Joe Alt‍ didn’t even need to see Notre Dame in person for the 2021 Minnesota offensive lineman to say he’s seen enough.

Alt just announced his commitment to the Irish, giving Notre Dame its third offensive line commit and 12 current pledges in the Class of 2021.

“Overall, it has a great academic program and great football, so it’s the best of both worlds,” Alt told Irish Sports Daily of his decision.

“Obviously, the faith aspect. I’ve grown up in a Catholic school my whole life, so it has that piece as well.”

The Minneapolis native is also confident Notre Dame will help him achieve his ultimate goal of playing at the highest level.

“They also develop players, so everything works out, you can go play in the NFL and if not, you’ll have a great education to fall back on,” the 6-foot-7, 245-pounder said.

“You know you put in the work to get there and they’re going to help you use that work you put in prior to and help you elevate that to another level and allow you to play and play well as well as getting a good job and being successful in life.”

The Totino-Grace High School standout chose the Irish over offers from schools like Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Minnesota, Missouri, Northwestern and Rutgers among others.

The son of former Pro Bowl offensive lineman John Alt is excited to have the recruiting process behind him.

“It’s such a relief because it does get busy at times. Going into my senior season, knowing I have that decision behind me, I can just go play and have fun with my team for one last year and really get down to focusing on the next four years.”

Film Don’t Lie | Joe Alt

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.