Who would be in your all-time ND backfield? Based solely on their college careers.

9,639 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Naptown ND
saturdaysarebetter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who would be in your all-time ND backfield? One quarterback, two running backs based solely on their college playing days and not NFL career.
oc10spray
Brady Quinn at QB

Jerome Bettis and Julius Jones at RB
GulfCoastIrish
Well, if your looking to win games and national championships, then put Johnny Lujack at quarterback.

I agree with my esteemed colleague from St. Joe's County that Jerome Bettis makes the team.

The third spot goes to Rocket. Even though he's not a full-time tailback, he's still the Rocket.

Who do you have?
ndusn
Lujack/Bettis/Bullock
ndguy1
Nick Eddy, Jerome Bettis, and Joe Montana.
passright
Joe Theismann
Paul Hornung
Mark Edwards
Naptown ND
I checked this board for the first time in forever. Cool topic.

Without looking at the other replies, Rocket immediately cane to mind. There's no way I put together a backyard without the single biggest difference maker in the history of college football.

I hadn't thought of Bettis first, but since he played FB in college it's a great pick. That makes the offense so versatile with the ability to spread Rocket out and have The Bus as a single back.

I have no idea on quarterback. Presumably someone from a long time ago. GCI and ndusn say Lujack. I'll run with it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.