Story Poster
Notre Dame Football

Recruiting Update and Spring Practice

April 3, 2017

Today's showed featured an interview with Christian McCollum to talk about Notre Dame's big recruiting weekend, and then Jamie Uyeyama and Matt Freeman joined Mike Frank to talk some recruiting, and spring practice.  Who has stood out so far in spring practice?  What do we know about the 2017 Irish so far?  Are there any concerns?  Find out the answer to these questions and many more in this episode of Power Hour. 

If you want to download the show, you can click the link below as well, or sign up for the show by searching for Irish Sports Daily Power Hour on iTunes or Google Play. 

LINK
Discussion from...

Recruiting Update and Spring Practice

12,457 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by java
java
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's really good to hear the defense is focusing on fundamentals and technique. The team has been terrible at tackling and this is by far the most important thing to improve on.

Also, Mike mentioned Kelly isn't involved much with the offense, just observing. I'm curious is he also watching the defense. I've thought for some time Kelly needs to be out of the day-to-day of the offense and just a high-level observer on both O and D rather than just let the DC be the ultimate authority. He can offer input/advice to both because he's not in the 'weeds' and it give him a different perspective.
Mike Frank
Staff
Kelly has been watching all over the field, working with all positions. He just bounces around from various position to various position.

I think it probably helps knowing that he's watching both coaches and players.

Mike
java
Mike Frank said:

Kelly has been watching all over the field, working with all positions. He just bounces around from various position to various position.

I think it probably helps knowing that he's watching both coaches and players.

Mike
I have to admit this has me more optimistic than any changes he's made. I've thought all along Kelly's biggest mistake was being to involved with the offense. I think it hurt he offense because there wasn't an objective set of eyes that could evaluate what was going on and suggest changes.

I think this same issue hurt the defense. The DC was the ultimate authority and there wasn't anyone to counter him.

I think Kelly not being involved too much with either give him a high level, objective view of both which allows him to offer a different perspective. He can also focus more on recruiting. IMO, this is the most important change.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.