What's your ideal starting OL?

7,346 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mattfreeman
mattfreeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

TW11
LT- Blake
LT- J Patt
C- Correll
RG-Madden with Rocco getting meaningful snaps
RT- Lugg with Tosh getting meaningful snaps
LVBLACKIRISH
LT Fisher
LG Madden
C Correll
RG Spindler
RT Patterson
army72
LT Fisher
LG Kristofic
C. Patterson
RG Madden
LT Lugg
bigg
Agree, with Rocco getting snaps at LG as well.
larrywright01
LT- Blake with Baker getting meaningful snaps
LG- Kristofic with Spindler getting meaningful snaps
C- Correll
RG-Madden
RT- Patterson
mpxinc
To me, with this season, this schedule, and this group, the most important thing is to get as many guys as possible on the field as much as possible. Eight guys are listed here, and I would add Carrol and Carmody, who have been around for a while. If as we hope, this team gets to the playoff, nobody wants to face Bama or Clemson with half of the O-Line limping around in the warm-ups.
goldenarmy14
LT- Fisher
LG- Rocco
C- Correll
RG- Lugg
RT- Patterson
ghost_revival_2008
TW11 said:

LT- Blake
LT- J Patt
C- Correll
RG-Madden with Rocco getting meaningful snaps
RT- Lugg with Tosh getting meaningful snaps

yes.
jjeaux
I think we need starters at each position but also more than minimal playing time for backups so we avoid the situation next year we have now: an inexperienced OL.

LT Fisher
LG Patterson
C Correll
RG Madden
RT Lugg

Fisher needs all the playing time he can get as a true freshman, but Spindler, Baker, Carroll [if healthy], Dirksen [if worthy], Carmody, and Kristofic need to be developed through actual playing time. Lugg and Madden are gone next year, and probably Patterson if he plays well. So again we'd be back to an inexperienced OL again unless Quinn finds a way to get other guys in the OL rotation for development. Can't rotate as liberally as the DL, but more rotation than we've seen in the past seems necessary for development. I think actual game experience is the key to final development and to an ongoing commitment to the program. Also, it seems to me that if the starters have not clearly sorted themselves out on the OL by now, it means we have some pretty good back up talent, which means the back up talent must be developed [and kept happy in the program] through playing time. We don't want to keep losing seasoned OL players to the transfer portal.
jjandvinny
LT- Fisher
LG- Madden
C- Patterson
RG- Spindler/Correl
LT- Lugg
mattfreeman
Staff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.