Ground Zero: The Marshall Game

4,836 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by subalum75
subalum75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
College Football has changed drastically in the last 5 years. Conference Realignment, NIL, TV Contracts. College football is a different game than it was 5 years ago. Nevermind 10, 15, 20, 30......

The cards are stacked against the way ND wants to run their program like never before.

They are not able to consistently bring in the top recruits like the other top 5 schools (which is the aisle ND claims to be shopping in). They have been outcoached and outplayed in their last 3 games (an important bowl game and debut for MF, A nationally televised game against #2 OSU to start the season ,and then a 20 point underdog).

I don't think the ND football program has ever been on the ropes like they are now.

Can they save the season? (BTW, Buchner is out for the season).
Can they save the recruiting class (looking more and more average by the week).

I have to rethink how I root for the team. I will always be a fan and watch. But it will be with a more realistic lens. No more buying into overrated recruits. No more benefit of the doubt with the coaches because they are good salesman.

Critical eye. Critical eye.
subalum75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Under MF, ND lost a 28-7 lead to OK state in the bowl game. That was the first warning sign that we ignored.

To start this season, ND Lost a 3rd qtr lead against Ohio State. And was just worn down by OSU.

Now, a team that didn't show up to play and loses to a team they were 18 point favorites against.

0-3.
On the verge of losing another top recruit.
No QB committed to the class of 2023
The starting QB is out for the season.
One of the worst offenses in the nation.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.