Story Poster
Photo by PrepHoops
Notre Dame Basketball

2023 CG Parker Friedrichsen Sets Notre Dame Official Visit

August 10, 2022

2023 Bixby High School (Okla.) star Parker Friedrichsen‍ didn’t lack attention on the recruiting trail as the combo guard took his five official visits allowed as a junior, but his recruitment changed on Monday when Notre Dame offered. 

The offer from the Irish wasn’t necessarily expected, but one Friedrichsen knew could come as Notre Dame assistant Anthony Solomon called him from a parking lot immediately after his showing at a recent event in the Midwest. 

“Coach (Mike) Brey and Coach Solomon saw me play this summer in Chicago,” Friedrichsen told ISD. “I played really well in front of them and they got ahold of me after that. It’s been a year since I’ve been in contact with them, but Coach (Ryan) Humphrey didn't really talk about Notre Dame. We talked some, but he’s from Tulsa, so we had a relationship. 

“Solomon hit me up after Chicago and told me I’d be a really good fit. He said they were very selective with who they go after, so it’s been a process.” 

The 6-foot-4, 170-pounder admits he doesn’t know everything about Notre Dame to this point, but Friedrichsen has been impressed with what he’s learned to this point. 

“The academic side speaks for itself,” explained Friedrichsen. “It’s pretty special if you get to go to school at Notre Dame. For me, I’d say the biggest things that jump out to me is Notre Dame is in the ACC, which is arguably one of the best leagues in the country. Coach Brey has been there for over 20 years, so he’s stable and not going anywhere. He’s had success with guys that have looked like me in years past. It’s easy for me to see where I fit and even on the team now, he has a couple of guys like me.” 

Friedrichsen’s relationship with Brey is new, yet he’s already seen proof in the pudding as the Oklahoma native took a quick YouTube dive on the Irish program. 

“He’s just energetic,” stated Friedrichsen. He was excited I was on the Zoom and taking a visit. I’ve done some research. I saw an open practice video and I watched the Kentucky game last year. Everything he says, it’s backed up by the film, so that’s cool. I know he lets his guards go and he means that. 

“He texted me this morning and said he couldn’t wait to show me around because Notre Dame was a great fit for a guard like me.” 

Notre Dame will host the composite four-star guard later this month, which could be a turning point in his recruitment. 

“It’ll be an official visit,” Friedrichsen said. “I’ll be there August 26th-28th. I think my whole family is going to come, so it’ll be good.” 

Brey and company will get the first official visit this fall, which they hope is his last, but Friedrichsen is also in the process of locking in a few more trips after his trip to South Bend. 

“My junior year, I took official visits to Nebraska, Purdue, Iowa, Oklahoma State and Davidson,” explained Friedrichsen. “I haven’t officially scheduled the other two visits, but I have scheduled Notre Dame. I’ll probably take two or three more. 

“I’m going to sign in November, so I’m going to commit sometime before then. I’m going to take them close together so I can make a decision and go from there.” 

Friedrichsen has been through this process before as he committed to Oklahoma State early in the process, so with crunch time coming up, the Bixby standout knows exactly what he’s looking for in a future school. 

“Relationships with the coaching staff I can build is important for not just me, but my parents getting to build a relationship as well,” said Friedrichsen. “I really want to see how I fit in. I don’t care about location or what the facilities look like because I’m there to play basketball. 

“I want to see how I fit in on and off the court with the guys and the relationships I have with the coaching staff.” 

RANKING
247: 89 (three-star) 
Rivals: Four-Star
ESPN: 81 (four-star) 
Composite: 94.31 (four-star) 

OFFERS
Akron, Cincinnati, Creighton, Davidson, DePaul, Detroit, Drake, Illinois, Iowa, Marshall, Memphis, Missouri, Montana State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts, Purdue, Rice, Rider, Southeast Missouri State, Southern, Tulsa, UTSA, Virginia Tech and Xavier

Homefield Notre Dame Fighting Irish Vintage Wake Up The Echoes Tri-Blend T-Shirt

Discussion from...

2023 CG Parker Friedrichsen Sets Notre Dame Official Visit

4,371 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mattfreeman
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.