Story Poster
Notre Dame Baseball

2025 In-State RHP Joe Glander Commits to Notre Dame

November 3, 2022

2025 Noblesville High School (Ind.) RHP Joe Glander has committed to Notre Dame and it gives the Fighting Irish four commitments in the recruiting class. 

The 6-foot-2, 160-pounder is the first pitcher in the 2025 recruiting class for Notre Dame and Glander says it was an easy decision to play for the Irish. 

“The way they go about everything in their program and treat their players really stood out to me,” Glander told ISD. “They value the player, but also the person. That really set me towards Notre Dame over the other programs recruiting me. It felt like a real family environment and I feel I can thrive in it and get better as a person and a player there.” 

New Notre Dame pitching coach Seth Voltz was a significant piece to Glander’s early commitment as the two clicked from the start. 

”The main coach I spoke to was Coach Voltz,” stated Glander. “We have had a lot of conversations about life and Notre Dame, which has been good.” 

The Indiana native really enjoyed learning about Voltz’s plan for him, but also how he manages all his pitchers during the offseason and during the season. Each player is expected to compete year-round for their opportunity in the spring. 

“He’s a technical coach and has certain opinions, but I know he’s open to maybe something you found in high school that you want to continue to do in college,” Glander explained. “He’s willing to work with his pitchers and create the best plan for that player.

“I love the competition factor where it’s always a battle and you have to fight for your spot. It’s great. It also creates great competition and everyone wants to perform at their best to show how good they are.” 

Head coach Shawn Stiffler also played a big role in Glander choosing the Irish as the Noblesville star felt a great amount of comfort in how the new Irish skipper led the program. 

“He’s super upbeat and down to earth,” Glander said, “One of his main points was developing the person as opposed to just developing the player. He wants to focus on creating great players and great people that are going to graduate from Notre Dame.” 

Entering his sophomore year, Glander has topped out around 90 mph on his fastball and is focused on improving his velocity before he gets to Notre Dame. 

“It comes naturally as you get older,” explained Glander. “I work on gaining velocity, but also getting better with my command and my offspeed pitches. I want to make sure I can throw hard, but also be a pitcher too. I want to command every pitch for strikes, get ahead and really dominate.” 

Glander also comes from the Indiana Bulls program that has produced a couple of future Notre Dame players, including Drayk Bowen, RJ Cromartie, and Jayce Lee.

“It’s been great from recruiting and just being great mentors and leaders,” Glander stated. “I’ve had multiple travel ball coaches develop me as a player, person and as a pitcher. It's been great to be part of the organization. 

“I think it's a really strong organization. We have a lot of great connections and there are great people with the Indiana Bulls.” 

Notre Dame has made a push to keep the top in-state talent home and Glander is proud to be joining forces with some of the best from Indiana. 

“I know RJ (Cromartie), Jayce (Lee), Mason (Barth) and Cameron Sullivan. I know Barth probably the best out of all of them.” 

2025 Notre Dame Commitments

POSITION NAME HT WT B-T HS STATE
RHP Joe Glander 6’2 160 R-R Noblesville IN
SS Mason Barth 5’9 185 S-R Andrean IN
SS Jamie Zee 5'9 160 R-R Bergen Catholic NJ
1B Dylan Passo 6’1 185 L-L Red Bank Catholic NJ

Notre Dame Fighting Irish Guinness Pocket T-Shirt

Discussion from...

2025 In-State RHP Joe Glander Commits to Notre Dame

6,025 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mattfreeman
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.