Story Poster
Notre Dame Football

Official Game Thread: #21 Notre Dame (4-1) at North Carolina (1-4)

October 7, 2017

No. 21 Notre Dame (4-1) at North Carolina (1-4)

Kenan Memorial Stadium | 3:30 p.m. ET | ABC

Game Week Articles | Depth Chart | Schedule | Roster | UNC Week Video Reel | Staff Predictions

IRISH LOOKING TO HANDLE ADVERSITY 

Notre Dame will face North Carolina tomorrow as they look to improve on a 4-1 start The Tar Heels have had a rough beginning to the season as they search for a big win to build any sort of momentum.

To continue reading, you must be a Irish Sports Daily Premium subscriber.

Official Game Thread: #21 Notre Dame (4-1) at North Carolina (1-4)

81,486 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tvanp63
irish0821
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is terrible NDTerry. Grow up
gautrp
Nothing but sloppy football throughout the country.
ndsean44
ND's coverage units have devolved into the worst unit in CFB. I'm thoroughly convinced.
hunt4g
Not sure why we took a knee. I know there was only 20 sec but still give it a shot
pbrad28
Is Adams hurt? He doesn't seem to be running as he usually does.
D has played well generally...
ndsean44
hunt4g said:

Not sure why we took a knee. I know there was only 20 sec but still give it a shot
First time starter in the pouring rain with high winds.
NDTerry
irishgrad99 said:

NDTerry said:

I don't care if we don't have anybody better. I do not want to see Alize Mack on the field for one more play for Notre Dame.
Terry that's a bit harsh. I hear you. He's very frustrating but hopefully the light bulb will eventually flash on.

I'm more upset about the catch he made over the middle a couple of minutes ago where he made no effort after the catch to gain any more yards and basically just allowed the defense to backpedal him softly out of bounds
jzappela
Just call it as I see it.
NDTerry
irish0821 said:

That is terrible NDTerry. Grow up

Whatever. I want players out there who are actually going to make an effort. I want players who are actually going to play with some fire.

You go back and watch the last 10 plays of the half and tell me you think that Alize is giving 100% effort, and I will take back my comment
lake erie irish
Lets run a deep route with Finke when #29 is just standing on the sideline. Also what is Polian coaching? He sure cant be teaching Special teams.
tayirish14
Here I thought our playcalling was absolute crap...if I was a UNC fan I would be beside myself right now with fury. Awful half of football for ND. To not be up by 21+ on this team that is missing how many starters is beyond awful. I'm normally a glass half-full type too. Kudos to Book though...he has done enough for us to be successful. Our receivers and playcalling are doing him no favors...
douga358
Special teams is going to cost us a game eventually
irishkmg
Matt has the enthusiasm of Don Chriqui and Doug Flutie when ND scores in his posts hahahha
A Stubborn Mick
NDTerry
lake erie irish said:

Lets run a deep route with Finke when #29 is just standing on the sideline. Also what is Polian coaching? He sure cant be teaching Special teams.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Polian is responsible for both special teams and Alize Mack.
ndsean44
I have to agree with Terry. I don't think Mack should be benched permanently, but his effort in the first half was disgraceful. So many drops, lazy routes and doesn't attempt to truck defenders. It's very ho-hum and very annoying.

May as well play Wright or Kmet if we're not going to get a more solid fundamental player from an upperclassmen.

In his defense though, practically every receiver out there has been disappointing to say the least. EQ is the leader and he's playing like a wimp. Not catching with his hands, not being physical and fighting for the football. Just runs his route and tries to body catch it.

These receivers in general annoy me to death.
nd4nync
No wind at field level at all. 1000% humidity but no wind.
irish0821
Mack leads the team in receptions today and for the year
tvanp63
I sure hope BK calls everyone out at halftime, including Long. There has to be better effort and execution in the second half. Give Book a chance to be successful. I thought this would be a fun, stress-free game and it should be.
irish0821
mattfreeman
Staff
irish0821
You are wrong...chip long is tight ends coach.
You just made a mistake....don't ever post on this board AGAIN!!
Reluctant Randy
ndsean44 said:

hunt4g said:

First time starter in the pouring rain with high winds.

Rain yes. High winds no (1-2 mph)
“If we had to do it all over again, we should have thrown the ball a little bit more." Brian Kelly aka Rupert Pupkin
smoodiver
Ian Book has already thrown 25 passes. That's ridiculous. Kelly just can't help himself.
Cassin
Kelly doesn't call plays
REMND
That safety could be the difference in the game. It is now a two score lead. We scored the last points in the half.

UNC showed a little life there in the end of the half. Hopefully, we can make 2nd half defensive adjustments to put a lid on them and keep them from scoring 20.
gautrp
k_c_l said:

Kelly doesn't call plays
Yoon is calling the plays. He likes the ball in the air.
mattfreeman
Staff
Ohio State has 16 carries for 36 yards against Maryland halfway through the 2nd Q.
smoodiver
k_c_l said:

Kelly doesn't call plays
Well, he gives them his seal of approval.
SWANSEA
I'm concerned with UNC fie=rst set of downs starting the second half.
tonyndnick
That made me laugh.
Cassin
You think he gives approval prior to every play call?
SWANSEA
SWANSEA said:

I'm concerned with UNC fie=rst set of downs starting the second half.
MY bad meant to type first.
REMND
Ian Book is 14-25 for 122 yards. Basically 60% accuracy with mostly short throws. He is doing well. If you remove the 73 yard run by Adams, we have 25 rushes for 81 yards or so. Our offensive problems have been two drops by Mack, 1 by EQ and some questionable playcalling.
tdirish
The highlight of this game is Allison Williams.
ndmars
smoodiver said:

k_c_l said:

Kelly doesn't call plays
Well, he gives them his seal of approval.

Hahahahaha OMG!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.