Story Poster
Notre Dame Football

Game Thread | No. 12 Notre Dame vs. No. 24 Navy

October 26, 2024

No. 12 Notre Dame (6-1) vs. No. 24 Navy (6-0) 

MetLife Stadium | 12:00 PM ET | ABC | Line: Notre Dame -13.5 | Total: 50.5

Game Week Articles | Roster | Depth Chart Schedule

Five Players To Watch

Notre Dame DT Rylie Mills
Mills is coming off one of the best games of his career against Georgia Tech and he'll need to continue his strong play against Navy. Stopping Navy's run game starts up front. Mills and Howard Cross need to lead the way. 

Navy QB Blake Horvath
Horvath has been outstanding to start the season with his overall decision making and he's been lights out completing play-action passes (71.9%, 16.2 YPA). Notre Dame has to disrupt him as a passer and be physical with him every time he carries the football as a runner.

Notre Dame RB Jadarian Price
Navy hasn't been great stopping the run this season and gave up a ton of yards to Memphis when they missed a total of 18 tackles. Price should have some opportunities to hit a home run or two in this game against a defense that hasn't faced backs the caliber of Price and Jeremiyah Love.

Navy SB Eli Heidenreich
Horvath has been getting most of the attention, but Heidenreich has been a game wrecker as well. He has a dozen receptions of 20+ yards in only 6 games and has been targeted almost three times as much as the next most targeted receiver on the team. Notre Dame needs to be aware of him on every snap and force Navy to find other options.

Notre Dame LB Drayk Bowen
Bowen has been awesome over his last four games and his level of play is only rising. This is his first experience playing Navy as a starter. Bowen has been a tone setter with how physical he's been, but he's really shined in every aspect. Expect that to continue in this game where he should be involved often stopping the run. 

Quotes of the Week

Notre Dame head coach Marcus Freeman:
”Defensively, we have to find a way to get red zone stops versus this team. They’re obviously good on both sides of the ball. Offensively, it’s having a great plan and making sure we finish with touchdowns and not field goals. Defensively, you make sure you have a great red zone plan. They’re really good all over the field and in the red zone. 

“There has been a huge point of emphasis on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively, just continuing to have a great plan and executing at a high level.” 

Notre Dame offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock: 
“They've got something they've had over the years. Obviously, I've got some familiarity with the Memphis-Navy-University of Cincinnati, kind of, right? I mean, they've always had — like every time they line up against each other, it's like 54-51 or somebody kicks a field goal [at the end]. It's hard to explain. It's just one of those rivalries, I guess, that it kind of goes out of character a little bit. I think defensively, they're as good as I've seen them play to this point in season as far as their aggressiveness. I think they're great at getting after the football. They've thrived off of turnovers, which we're going to have to do a really, really good job of protecting the football. And they've made plays when they needed to. And so, I know it's a major challenge for our defense. We’ve got our hands full ourselves on the offensive side of the ball. We’re going to have to do a good job.”  

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Al Golden:
”Heavy on the front end. Try to be as much front-end loaded as you can, so that you're playing faster and faster come Thursday, Friday and then obviously into the game. So really fast start for us: Sunday morning, game plan in by Monday morning, we walk through. Today was our first practice at it. I think the thing that's challenging this year, that might be different was, is that, you know it used to be, you just ran these, 8, 7, 6, calls, all over the field. Now, what's challenging now is you're game planning differently for them. In terms of what they're doing in the red zone, what they're doing in short yardage, what they're doing on goal line, what they're doing in third and long. All of those aspects of the game have been brought into it, and I think that's what's making them really challenging.” 

Notre Dame S Adon Shuler:
“It's really a dream come true. I've always wanted to play at MetLife. In high school, we played at Rutgers for our championship, so I was kind of a little bummed. Now that I'm able to play there, man, it's a dream come true.”

For Your Nerves 

Golden Legacy Team Home of the Week: 
1740-405 E South Bend Ave #E405, South Bend, IN 46635

Experience the pinnacle of elegance and sophistication in these meticulously crafted units boasting high-class finishes and modern amenities. Step into luxury as you enter each unit, featuring gleaming hardwood floors, expansive windows inviting in abundant natural light, and quartz countertops that redefine elegance. The state-of-the-art stainless-steel appliances in the kitchen elevate your culinary experience, while the convenience of a washer/dryer in every unit ensures effortless living. However, the true jewel of this property lies above, where residents are treated to an unparalleled experience on the expansive rooftop deck. Imagine soaking in breathtaking views of iconic landmarks such as Notre Dame Stadium, Touchdown Jesus, and the majestic Golden Dome. Whether it's enjoying a sunset or hosting unforgettable gatherings under the stars, the rooftop deck offers a lifestyle of unparalleled luxury and sophistication. 

Agent Name: Golden Legacy Team (Patrick McCullough, Tommy Kraemer)
Agent Phone: (574) 633-7325
GoldenLegacyTeam.com

Under Armour Navy Notre Dame Fighting Irish SlipSpeed Running Shoes

Game Thread | No. 12 Notre Dame vs. No. 24 Navy

50,065 Views | 518 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by krkmd
jmsheridan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Utter bull****
Cassin
Man. That's a tough call
SHAMROCK
awful call Junior did not land on him at all - not all all whole body to the side
jmsheridan
Even the announcers call it a joke.
pbrad28
Fing BS
Sgt Hulka
Atta boy, Marcus. get up in their ass
joemulv
Mercy call - BS
usma95
What a joke of a call. Not even sure that is a rule in college ball. It is in the NFL for sure. But he tackled him. That is all.
SHAMROCK
if be threw him down he'd get penalized for that
ejsjr
I'm starting to get the idea that these refs are trying to help Navy. So what else is new?
irishduffy
SHAMROCK said:

awful call Junior did not land on him at all - not all all whole body to the side
And he was being blocked up until he got to the QB. Are you supposed to shed a block, hit the QB, and control exactly how you land at the same time?
ndsean44
chrismcc7 said:

Can't imagine that will be a fumble, but it is roughing the passer
The HELL that was!
mattfreeman
Staff
Notre Dame walk-on DE Kobi Onyiuke getting some run this series.
56924QZT
I said this a few weeks ago…

Pete B. should have a conversation with the ACC this week and it should go something like this: "If you don't cut this bullsh$t out on the calls, we're going to bury your conference. We will announce we won't even consider joining the ACC when the time comes and your conference will die within 24 hours. Your choice, it starts against FSU, your choice."
jmsheridan
27 can play a little.
SHAMROCK
mattfreeman said:

#45?
Sgt Hulka
KVA is a bad, bad man
Cassin
Love that tackle from Watts
Rwolf101
mattfreeman said:

ND wears under armor. He'll need to be starter in another week or so.
usma95
I hope we see all reserves this half. No need to chance any injury. Week off. Get healthy and finish strong the last 4 games and get others some experience against this team.
Sgt Hulka
Freeman......give me my dues. You laughed when I said this was gonna be a tea bagger.
mattfreeman
Staff
Looked like Junior Tuihalamaka was hurt on that last play.
Jaxdulac
Does Pete have a daughter? Can we get her a job at Nike? That seems to be how it works.
mattfreeman
Staff
Sgt Hulka said:

Freeman......give me my dues. You laughed when I said this was gonna be a tea bagger.
Navy could still come back! haha
theoriginalndmom
mattfreeman said:

That's not good!
Sgt Hulka
I guess the Navy WR is allowed to rip the facemask off Adon
Sgt Hulka
theoriginalndmom said:

mattfreeman said:

That's not good!
He back!
Auream
Great play!
irishduffy
Nice pick!

Angeli time?
Wiggs4Irish
Wow great pick!
DogGuy
irishduffy said:

Nice pick!

Angeli time?
I hope so!
Cassin
Nebraska just went up on Ohio State in the 4th
MAIrish14
Ryan Day is a crappy coach
jmsheridan
Nebraska leads OSU
Sgt Hulka
Wow, that hand injury has been the real reason Navy is getting their ass beat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.