Irish vs. FSU

14,643 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by gautrp
tonyndnick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big series for the Irish. Hopefully they get decent crowds with visitors on campus.

Right now FSU is struggling losing 5 of their last 6 games including losing two out of three to Virginia Tech. FSU is 15-7 overall and 3-3 in the conference. The three game series is an opportunity for the Irish
last2no
I'm actually at the softball game, but I can see the BB scoreboard from here. Figured I'd walk over there if it was close.

Haven't budged - Irish down 7-1 in the 8th.

Oh, girls are beating VT 2-1. Bottom of 6th
tonyndnick
Irish lose both games. 1st game 8-2. 2nd game 8-3 in 13 innings.
tonyndnick
Irish swept by FSU losing game three 5-1. Decent outing by starter Brad Bass, but no offensive support.

Irish didn't hit the ball in the series - they haven't hit the ball well all year, relief pitching wasn't good, and the defense was sketchy. No surprise they're 7-15 (2-7 in conference play).
gautrp
I mean, is ND going to let this continue with the baseball team? Any talk about new coaching? Spend some money and get a decent coach to be competitive.
ndmars
gautrp said:

I mean, is ND going to let this continue with the baseball team? Any talk about new coaching? Spend some money and get a decent coach to be competitive.

They would need way more than a coach - they need a program commitment. Support staff, facility upgrades, recruiting budgets, etc.... no way to compete in ACC without it.

ACC is an amazingly good baseball conference right now, I think ND needs a new staff and program upgrade just to climb somewhere near the middle of the pack.
gautrp
ndmars said:

gautrp said:

They would need way more than a coach - they need a program commitment. Support staff, facility upgrades, recruiting budgets, etc.... no way to compete in ACC without it.

ACC is an amazingly good baseball conference right now, I think ND needs a new staff and program upgrade just to climb somewhere near the middle of the pack.
Yes they would. The money thing is always the hold up when needing to upgrade to be competitive. Do you know the average attendance at a ND home baseball game?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.