Want to hear your votes on this

17 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by gautrp
Mike Frank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
As we know, the steroid era of baseball really put a lot of shame on a lot of major leaguers who otherwise would be first-ballot HOF guys.

Should guys like Bonds, Clemens get in?

What do you think on each guy?

Bonds?

Clemens?

McGuire?

Sosa?

Manny Ramirez?

Rafael Palmeiro?

Ivan Rodriguez?

Alex Rodriguez?

Jeff Bagwell?

Garry Sheffield?

David Ortiz?

I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few more.

Heck, if Frank Thomas gets in, mainly because he was one who didn't, I think a lot of these guys above could easily equal Thomas' numbers without the roids.

Bonds, A-Rod, and Clemens definitely belong in. I think McGuire and Sosa would've reached 500 easily without it. McGuire for sure. Not sure on Sosa.

I think Manny would've as well.

Thoughts?

Mike
chrismcc7
Staff
It's tricky to get into the who would have made it and who wouldn't have made it without the juice, but that's really the only way to do it because the whole era was so tainted.

Bonds, Clemens and A-Rod are no-brainers to me. I don't think Sosa would have had a shot at HOF numbers without it.

The tough ones are the guys like Manny and Ortiz, which pains me severely as a Sox fan. I say yes to Ortiz simply because of the clutch repeated clutch hits, but am less sure on Manny. Most of the other guys fall in the Manny category to me.
ndmars
Mike Frank said:

As we know, the steroid era of baseball really put a lot of shame on a lot of major leaguers who otherwise would be first-ballot HOF guys.

Should guys like Bonds, Clemens get in?

What do you think on each guy?

Bonds?

Clemens?

McGuire?

Sosa?

Manny Ramirez?

Rafael Palmeiro?

Ivan Rodriguez?

Alex Rodriguez?

Jeff Bagwell?

Garry Sheffield?

David Ortiz?

I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few more.

Heck, if Frank Thomas gets in, mainly because he was one who didn't, I think a lot of these guys above could easily equal Thomas' numbers without the roids.

Bonds, A-Rod, and Clemens definitely belong in. I think McGuire and Sosa would've reached 500 easily without it. McGuire for sure. Not sure on Sosa.

I think Manny would've as well.

Thoughts?

Mike

Yes to - Bomds, Clemens, McGuire, Arod, and Ortiz

On the fence - Manny, Pudge

No - Sosa, bagwell, Sheff, and Raf

Just my opinion
Dlogistics
everyone was on the same playing field or had those opportunities. Let them all in. But who honestly cares about the Hall of Fame??? Serious question. When is the last time you and your buddies went to the HoF? Does it change your perception of a player? Do you think less of a player bc he was 5 votes shy of the HoF? When talking players to your kids, do you start off with HoF first?
ndmars
dedoss said:

everyone was on the same playing field or had those opportunities. Let them all in. But who honestly cares about the Hall of Fame??? Serious question. When is the last time you and your buddies went to the HoF? Does it change your perception of a player? Do you think less of a player bc he was 5 votes shy of the HoF? When talking players to your kids, do you start off with HoF first?

When My son and I talk about players I say HoF'er as an adjective for sure.

As for visiting Cooperstown only Once and was to watch him play as a 12 year old a few years ago. Not because of the hall, then Again never went to canton either.
gautrp
Ramirez, Ortiz and Clemens
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.