Is this one of the best groups of "young talent" in a long while?

13,987 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gautrp
Mike Frank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I've pretty amazed at what appears to be some outstanding future HOF players. There are a lot of young players on the rosters who really look to be the real deal. Obviously, a number of them will flame out, but the talent is certainly there.

Obviously, the Cubs have a wealth of young talent in Bryant, Baez, Russell, Contreras, and Schwarber, but there is even more talent besides those five.

The rest of the league has a ton of talent as well. Sanchez from the Yanks looks to be the real deal. You have Mike Trout, who sure looks like a HOF. Bryce Harper could be.

There is Manny Machado, who is a fabulous defender. There is Fransisco Lindor, who is fantastic as well and is developing into a quality hitter.

Nolan Arenado is pretty damn good. Jose Ramirez and Corey Seager are great players. Mookie Betts? Dude is vastly talented.

There is so many great young pitchers out there.

This has to be one of the best groups of young talent in a very long time. Your thoughts?

Mike
tjsandg
I only follow the Indians, and who they play, but agree on Francisco Lindor being a quality player both defensively and offensively. And, from what I hear about him, he is a good presence in the locker room also with an attitude you want to be around; always smiling and upbeat.
gautrp
What will it take, numbers wise, for these guys today to make it in the HOF? How many players will play ten years much less 15 or 20?

Go Red Sox.
ndmars
Ton of young talent right now and more on the way - I think baseball is in a great spot for a lot of years as it continues a resurgence nationally.
valleynd
a lot of great talent that will have GOOD careers.. However, baseball is littered with Good career guy that aren't hall of fame guys...

My yankees of mid 90 early 2000s is a great example of that: Paul Oneill, jimmy key, david wells, bernie williams, tino martinez, andy pettitte, john wetland, darryl strawberry and doc gooden, mike mussina, chuck knoblauch, jorge posada, etc
gautrp
valleynd said:

a lot of great talent that will have GOOD careers.. However, baseball is littered with Good career guy that aren't hall of fame guys...

My yankees of mid 90 early 2000s is a great example of that: Paul Oneill, jimmy key, david wells, bernie williams, tino martinez, andy pettitte, john wetland, darryl strawberry and doc gooden, mike mussina, chuck knoblauch, jorge posada, etc
Them days are over with. Never again will a team field that many good ball players. If that team was assembled today, they would probably win 140 games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.