Story Poster
Notre Dame Football

Game Thread: #8 Notre Dame (9-2) at #21 Stanford (8-3)

November 25, 2017

#8 Notre Dame (9-2) at #21 Stanford (8-2)

Stanford Stadium | 8:00 p.m. ET | ABC

Game Week Articles | Depth Chart | Schedule | Staff Predictions

10 Wins On the Line 

Notre Dame travels to Stanford this weekend as the Irish prepare for another clash. Recently, the Irish have not performed well in Pali Alto, and it would be a nice cap to an impressive turnaround season if they can leave with a victory.

To continue reading, you must be a Irish Sports Daily Premium subscriber.

Game Thread: #8 Notre Dame (9-2) at #21 Stanford (8-3)

124,787 Views | 855 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by irishgrad99
IrishRob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#BeatNavy
pbrad28
yeah no clue how you could from what this team was to what happened in Nov. just don't understand it.
DaytonDomer94
Could someone sucker punch David Shaw for me after the game
DaytonDomer94
And Brian Kelly,,too
section16
We will get the we are ND posts and ND is still the best and ND players are just great people. Blah blah.
ND is dog **** at football and soft with a head coach that is sub par but keep posting how wonderful and cute ND is just acknowledge our coach and AD are not good at their jobs and ND is what it is because of football
Sgt Hulka
Might as well clock Swarbrick as well.
MattPaulND
Something went south during the second half of wake forest, in particular the defense. The team looks more akin to intramural flag football than the physicality of top ten division one footieball.

Kelly had the horse by the reins and then out of the blue has an arm full of horse dung. Odd just how quickly and absolutely the program turned.
NDMATTM
pbrad28 said:

yeah no clue how you could from what this team was to what happened in Nov. just don't understand it.
it happens every year so not sure why you would be shocked...
rmirish
irishtex said:

rmirish said:

Trust the process guys. We just need to regroup and prepare better for the bowl game.
I think you forgot the lol

LOL, I thought that was obvious
pbrad28
didn't say i was shocked- i don't understand how you go from killing usc, for instance, to what you have now in november.
BigEastFan69
Exactly. And please no more "it takes time to change a culture" - it's been decades and Kelly has overseen the last 8 years.
BecksND
Kelly doesn't know how to win.
NDMATTM
I think it's time to move on. Maybe there isn't a better coach than Kelly but it's just as likely that there is. Either way, we are in pergatory right now and need to make a move because this is the ceiling with Kelly and 2012 was a lucky fluke if we are being honest... just weren't lucky enough to have KSU win so we could get NC #12 but luck ran out and instead we got our s$$ handed to us by Bama.
MattPaulND
NDMATTM said:

I think it's time to move on. Maybe there isn't a better coach than Kelly but it's just as likely that there is. Either way, we are in pergatory right now and need to make a move because this is the ceiling with Kelly and 2012 was a lucky fluke if we are being honest... just weren't lucky enough to have KSU win so we could get NC #12 but luck ran out and instead we got our s$$ handed to us by Bama.
The 2012 championship game vs Alabama and this November are similar in just not preparing.
irishgrad99
Sgt Hulka said:

Seriously, what happened to these team. The team in October would have beat this team by 2 TD's.

This is really sad.

Got complacent. Lost their intensity and edge.
irishgrad99
rmirish said:

irishtex said:

rmirish said:

Trust the process guys. We just need to regroup and prepare better for the bowl game.
I think you forgot the lol

LOL, I thought that was obvious

I was in the stadium so I wasn't on the boards tonight to get the gist of the comments although I can pretty safely assume they were mostly negative.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.