Story Poster
Notre Dame Football

Game Thread | No. 12 Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

October 19, 2024

No. 12 Notre Dame (5-1) vs. Georgia Tech (5-2) 

Mercedes-Benz Stadium | 3:30 PM ET | ESPN | Line: Notre Dame -9.5 | Total: 50.5

Game Week Articles | Roster | Depth Chart Schedule | 

Five Players To Watch

Notre Dame CB Leonard Moore
WIth Benjamin Morrison out for the season, all eyes will be on Moore. The true freshman already had to step in for Christian Gray against Louisville earlier this season and performed incredibly well given the circumstances. Expect Georgia Tech to test him early and often. 

Georgia Tech RB Jamal Haynes 
With the status of starting quarterback Haynes King uncertain, they'll need everyone else to pick up the slack. It starts with Haynes, who is on his way to another 1,000 yard season. He had the dagger last week with a 68-yard run in the final minute against North Carolina last and is tied for fourth in the country with five runs of 30+ yards this season.

Notre Dame RB Jeremiyah Love
Love has been the one constant for Notre Dame's offense all season. He's reached the end zone in every game this season and leads the team with eight plays of 20+ yards from scrimmage. Georgia Tech has played the run very well, but Love seems to always find a way to have an impact on the game.

Georgia Tech LB Kyle Efford
Efford stands out on the field because of his old school neck roll, but he's a throwback in more ways than one. He's active, instinctive, and always around the football. He leads Georgia Tech in tackles and they'll need him to help contain Riley Leonard as a runner.

Notre Dame DT Gabriel Rubio
Rubio played in his first game of the season against Stanford and didn't look as rusty as one might suspect someone would who missed all of camp and the first five games. He's someone who should be even better as he gets back into football shape and can be a key player in helping to shut down Georgia Tech's running game.

Quotes of the Week

Notre Dame head coach Marcus Freeman:
”To play man, you have to be confident in your defenders ability to play man. We’ve had a lot of confidence and we still do in terms of what our guys can do and do it well. The ability to have changeups and have the ability to go off of your tendencies is crucial. The ability to play man but it doesn’t always look the same. Those are things that have made this defense successful. It still starts with your guys' ability to execute man coverage and then your ability as a coach to not always just tell the offense what you’re doing.” 

Notre Dame offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock: 
“I think really, over the course of the last couple weeks, three weeks, like we've been talking about, where we've kind of seen it coming, seen it kind of developing. And then, boom. I think the most rewarding thing for me is we've been really demanding with them, making sure that they earn the opportunity to get better by the work that they do on the practice field. And then to watch them be rewarded for that in a game in that beautiful stadium across the street, it just makes me feel full. You know what I mean — for them. And I'm so happy for [Riley Leonard], because they did exactly what we asked them to do, and they got rewarded for it.  

“So, now the challenge for them, for me, is: All right, we know the formula. So, are we still starving or are we full? Are we still hungry to go back to work? And they did that today. I was really, really happy with the way they practiced today. So, to me, it's like this should be a continual improvement deal all the way through the end of the season, and that's what we're going to work really hard to make sure it happens.”  

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Al Golden:
”Maturity, really a mature kid (Leonard Moore). Prepares well. Athletic and the intellect to go with it. Does what you ask. Rarely makes the same mistake twice in practice. That’s where he earns the trust. He’s got really good length and he plays strong. He shows up in the run game, too, which is a great attribute to have.” 

Notre Dame WR Beaux Collins:
“Execution is the biggest thing. You know there’s still a lot left back out there for us, but I feel like we’re executing at a higher level than we ever have.”

For Your Nerves 

Golden Legacy Team Home of the Week: 
1740-405 E South Bend Ave #E405, South Bend, IN 46635

Experience the pinnacle of elegance and sophistication in these meticulously crafted units boasting high-class finishes and modern amenities. Step into luxury as you enter each unit, featuring gleaming hardwood floors, expansive windows inviting in abundant natural light, and quartz countertops that redefine elegance. The state-of-the-art stainless-steel appliances in the kitchen elevate your culinary experience, while the convenience of a washer/dryer in every unit ensures effortless living. However, the true jewel of this property lies above, where residents are treated to an unparalleled experience on the expansive rooftop deck. Imagine soaking in breathtaking views of iconic landmarks such as Notre Dame Stadium, Touchdown Jesus, and the majestic Golden Dome. Whether it's enjoying a sunset or hosting unforgettable gatherings under the stars, the rooftop deck offers a lifestyle of unparalleled luxury and sophistication. 

Agent Name: Golden Legacy Team (Patrick McCullough, Tommy Kraemer)
Agent Phone: (574) 633-7325
GoldenLegacyTeam.com

Under Armour Navy Notre Dame Fighting Irish SlipSpeed Running Shoes

Game Thread | No. 12 Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

56,887 Views | 626 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Sgt Hulka
Auream
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Worst punter in college?
smoodiver
mattfreeman said:

Not great there from James Rendell.

Nope.
sscott43
Man rendell is a bust
Cassin
Cannot pooch punt for his life
irishtank6900
mattfreeman said:

Not great there from James Rendell.

Usually isn't.
irishfan32489
Rendell has been a straight up flop lol
irishduffy
Rendell can boom it when he tries to, but his situational punting is not good.

Understandable for a guy who just started playing football.
sscott43
Cassin said:

Delete "pooch" and we are in full agreeance
joirish
Would of been too easy to kill the game off there
DogGuy
Cassin said:

I've seen him do it from our own 25.
ndsean44
irishduffy said:

I think the whole notion of getting an Aussie rugby player was that he could place the ball well, not necessarily that he boomed it as far as humanly possible.
Cassin
sscott43 said:

Cassin said:

Delete "pooch" and we are in full agreeance

I don't think it's that bad, but I understand the feeling.
ndSlaw
Makes sense why they usually go for it on the plus side of the 50... Don't really get much of a field position advantage by punting
smoodiver
DogGuy said:

Cassin said:

I've seen him do it from our own 25.

Haha. Multiple times.
ndsean44
I know I probably shouldn't be too picky up 14, but I'm not digging only having 21 points against a bad Tech defense missing their best player.
Cassin
ndsean44 said:

I know I probably shouldn't be too picky up 14, but I'm not digging only having 21 points against a bad Tech defense missing their best player.

Just not many possessions. That's our first punt since the opening series.
mattfreeman
Staff
Pyron to Janneh +60
JDAtlanta
ESPN hates ND. But, boy do they like their ad revenue when ND is on their networks.
Auream
Let them hang around… that's ND football
mattfreeman
Staff
Hell of a play by Jaiden Ausberry.
irishduffy
ndsean44 said:

irishduffy said:

I think the whole notion of getting an Aussie rugby player was that he could place the ball well, not necessarily that he boomed it as far as humanly possible.
Yup, and he's been bad at that. He has hit it when he doesn't try to get cute.
mattfreeman
Staff
3rd-and-8: Rylie Mills sack
smoodiver
Huge!
irishduffy
BY!
mattfreeman
Staff
Rylie Mills with a big sack on 3rd down, which leads to Notre Dame's second blocked kick of the day. This time it's Bryce Young.

Notre Dame 21
Georgia Tech 7
ndsean44
At least they somewhat made up for that horrendous blunder.
smoodiver
Let's get a TD here.
Auream
Now plant the dagger!
hunt4g
The crossing patterns have really been working
mattfreeman
Staff
Jadarian Price +23
strangebrew
It's going to a joy to watch Bryce Young over the next 2+ seasons.
hunt4g
This drive can put the game away
mattfreeman
Staff
Riley Leonard with some magic to avoid a sack and Marcus Freeman drops the pass.
section16
Why run a play???
hunt4g
mattfreeman said:

Riley Leonard with some magic to avoid a sack and Marcus Freeman drops the pass.
Thats funny..and true

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.