What do you want to hear coming out of the scrimmage on Sunday?

7,471 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ColoradoIrish
mattfreeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
What would be good news? What would be bad news?
jason4irish
Good: the defense is playing with good fundamentals and things on offense look improved. Neither has to look like world beaters just improved.
Bad: injuries.
bmhend54
Since we expect to have a very good OL, news that that the DL held the point and consistently set the edge in the run game would be welcome. I think many are nervous about stopping the run against Georgia and others so DL play is key. What is the WR rotation and do they get separation? And do we have safety's that correctly read the plays and tackle well. Failure to see those things would be bad news as those were among the biggest deficiencies last year. Probably won't get a chance to see much in the way of ST in the scrimmage, but hoping Polian has helped us improve there.
iamstech
Might make a difference that the UofG's running back is out for ND's game
mattfreeman
Staff
iamstech said:

Might make a difference that the UofG's running back is out for ND's game
One of UGA's starting cornerbacks is likely out for the Notre Dame game. Not Nick Chubb or Sony Michel.
Washoe
We better hope UG's O line is weak this year to offset our D-line. I think our D-line will surprise this year and J.T. figures it out.
OrlandoDomer76
I'd like to here it was a battle in the trenches. Great passion on both sides. Not one dominating the other.

Great accuracy by BW.. Alize Mack looking sharp in limited play

KJ Step having a light flip ON..

Safeties knowing where they should be.
jspags10pg
Zero injuries....same goes for the rest of camp and season. That's really it in the big picture for me.

Specifically for this 60 minute scrimmage I'd like to see the defense tackle well and I'd like to see Alize make an impact and see Stepherson get some good reps...which would indicate that he has earned them.
lightskin350
The first thing is always to stay injury free. Especially in the front seven. Next I want to hear that the defensive line stepped up and made some plays. TFL and getting pressure on the quarterback. How this defense plays this season will be the difference in another 8 win season or winning 10+ games. Finally is to have no turnovers.
Reluctant Randy
1. Injury free
2. BW accuracy especially on deep balls
3. WR playing great
4. DL playing great
5. Great safety play
ejsjr
No injuries would be good news. A complete recovery from injury by Alize Mack would be good news. 100% effort on every play by all players, including receivers, would be good news. Sound fundamentals especially tackling would be good news.
fisher
That the first 6 offensive plays of the scrimmage weren't passes.
ColoradoIrish
That we ran the ball with authority. Unless our DL is Bama's or Clemson's we need to be able to run the ball against ourselves.

God help us if we can't run the ball on our own bad DL. If we are smashing it, we can still hold out hope it's because our OL is just that good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.