Post-Offer Update: 2019 MI DE Adam Berghorst

7,533 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by robertleland13
chrismcc7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Caught up with 2019 Michigan DE Adam Berghorst, who visited Notre Dame last week and received an offer from the Irish at the end of the trip.

Berghorst's name may be new, but it's one that needs to be watched. He told me he has a top three of Notre Dame, Michigan and Michigan State and would like to have a decision before the start of his senior season and possibly before the start of the summer.

The 6-foot-7, 245-pounder from Zeeland, Mich., wants to stay close to home, so that is one reason for his top three. As for Notre Dame, he really enjoyed his meetings with Mike Elston, Clark Lea and Brian Kelly. He liked hearing about details of the position from Elston and the true academic prowess of Notre Dame from Lea.

He's also a baseball standout and had the chance to speak with Cole Kmet while in South Bend as well. He plans to come back for a spring practice and would like to meet with the ND baseball staff while in town.

He's planning to take trips to Michigan and Michigan State in the spring as well.

More coming in a full, premium story in the morning.

ndman
That kid looks like he needs to add some serious weight.
kevhurls
Weight, indeed; I recommend we wait, as well. We need to "pump-the-brakes." I've basically given-up on trying to prognosticate with high school Juniors. JUNIORS! 2-years--after their voices change and we're trying to determine who is i.e. a potential 1st-round draft pick? I'm taking a step-back.
Reluctant Randy
I bet he's great at getting skinny when trying to get to the QB!
NDTerry
If he is 6'7", looking at that picture, Elston must be 6'5"!!
bourdons
Hey Terry, I think it's common for most colleges to fudge the height number by an inch or so. Football and basketball both. My son plays D2 football and they list him at 6'2" and he is actually just shy of 6'1". Without cleats. That's why occasionally you will see Christian or Matt or Jamie write "he is all of 6'7 or a legit 6'7"" because I don't think it is common to quite see the real height.
Chicubfannin
GOD89 said:

Weight, indeed; I recommend we wait, as well. We need to "pump-the-brakes." I've basically given-up on trying to prognosticate with high school Juniors. JUNIORS! 2-years--after their voices change and we're trying to determine who is i.e. a potential 1st-round draft pick? I'm taking a step-back.
In a ideal recruiting environment I would agree. It sees strange to make offers to sophomores and juniors. It would be best to wait and evaluate their senior film.

However, that is not how recruiting works now days. If ND holds off on offers to juniors, they would find themselves on the outside looking in during the kid's senior year. Unfortunately schools need to get on guys early with offers these days. Not ideal, but it is the way the recruiting game is played today.
goldendomer21103
Elston is every bit of 6'4", probably is 6'5"
BlueandGold68
goldendomer21103 said:

Elston is every bit of 6'4", probably is 6'5"

I'm pretty certain your right. Elston is not short, at all. This kid looks more like a baseball player than a DE but that's just by one picture. I know when he was pictured next to CBK, that he made CBK look like a midget.
chrismcc7
Staff
Towering over BK in picture for the new full, premium story

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/5607/adam-berghorst-talks-great-notre-dame-offer-top-3-timeline
robertleland13
Looks like he should change his position to Wide Receiver and his 2nd sport to Basketball.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.