Story Poster
Notre Dame Football

Game Thread: Navy at #8 Notre Dame

November 18, 2017

Navy (6-3) at No. 8 Notre Dame (8-2)

Notre Dame Stadium | 3:30 p.m. ET | NBC

Game Week Articles | Depth Chart | Schedule | Miami Week Video Reel | Staff Predictions

MUCH TO PLAY FOR

Notre Dame is set to face-off against Navy, as they look to bounce back from last week’s debacle. As per usual, the Midshipmen, led by Ken Niumatalolo, will present a challenge with their triple-option offense.

To continue reading, you must be a Irish Sports Daily Premium subscriber.

Game Thread: Navy at #8 Notre Dame

96,820 Views | 544 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by irisherdo
drewballz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mattfreeman said:

Brandon Wimbush runs it in from two yards out for his 14th TD run of the year.

Notre Dame 10
Navy 10

:08 | 2Q

BW showed some grit on that run.
mattfreeman
Staff
IRISHLOYAL
I turned 39 earlier this month. Wimbush is unquestionably the worst passing qb at ND over that same period of time. If he doesn't have a tough time winning the qb job in the offseason/spring/summer than the 18 team is a 4-5 win team. He is horrible.
mattfreeman
Staff
Time of Possession
Navy 20:27
Notre Dame 9:33
ndtim2005
He didn't look right. He certainly doesn't look like a leader...head down, silently picking his way through players on the sideline.
Tripucka
ndtim2005 said:

He didn't look right. He certainly doesn't look like a leader...head down, silently picking his way through players on the sideline.
Reminds me of Golson.
MattPaulND
Offensive line blocking is just piss poor. Ineffective on many levels.
IRISHLOYAL
ndtim2005 said:

It's a roster full of delicate flowers.
REMND
mattfreeman said:

Time of Possession
Navy 20:27
Notre Dame 9:33
So much for wearing them down with our bigger bodies.
B_Worldstar
ndtim2005 said:

He took the shot to the side of the head too, which is a really bad spot concussion wise.

Hopefully he's ok.
"Pay the man his money"
jzappitelli
Will take that td... Gives us a chance... Need to score td's in second half.
jason4irish
To the fire Kelly guys, there is no better option. I'm not against firing him because I don't think he will get it done at ND but there is no one better to replace him.
Woodynd22
hyson said:

Is it time yet? Had enough? Is 8 freaking yrs of this crap from this guy enough? It's a joke and pathetic . If they lose this game the season is ruined . Pure and simple. I have had my fill of the so called fans on this site who endlessly support the mediocrity of the ND program under BK . Leopard s not change their spots and neither does Brian Kelly . Or Notre Dame!

Even if they win this game, no chance against Stanford or in a Big Bowl, something bigger is going on with team. They are horrible on Offense and the defense is not good enough to carry this team.

Even if ND loses half its recruiting class Kelly should be done by noon tomorrow. I know that will not happen, but this program is going no where until he is gone.
MattPaulND
The oddity on defense is the front seven assist in sustaining the other teams' blocking.
irishkmg
A real shame that Finke is even playing. I feel for him. He doesn't belong and he doesn't deserve to be put in a no win situation.
B_Worldstar
jason4irish said:

To the fire Kelly guys, there is no better option. I'm not against firing him because I don't think he will get it done at ND but there is no one better to replace him.

I think there are 50 or more D1 coaches who could coach this ND team to a 10-10 tie at half to an American conference foe.
"Pay the man his money"
rmirish
Yeah, if we are to have a chance......................against freaking NAVY!
pbrad28
Need to run the ball. Sit Josh or give him very carries- he must be hurt
Tripucka
jason4irish said:

I'll take Wisconsin's Cryst all day, all night.
teamnd
Tackling has sucked
rmirish
pbrad28 said:

Need to run the ball. Sit Josh or give him very carries- he must be hurt
Josh is always hurt.
MacIrish
new game, only 2 quarters now.

about as terrible a half as you could have asked for. But we forced navy to punt a few times. Keep forcing punts and get the offense going.

I'm sick of screaming at my TV against Navy

Woodynd22
So Matt , is safe to say the recruiting this weekend is over? Cannot even impress them vs Navy. Ouch.

Who is the first to shake lose?
irish0821
Is Crust coming to ND?
Tripucka
irish0821 said:

Is Crust coming to ND?
Who knows if he would. I think so if he was asked.
Woodynd22
Tripucka said:

jason4irish said:

I would too, but he is not coming... but there our other good young coach's that would
irish0821
Which ones?
irishgrad99
IRISHLOYAL said:

I turned 39 earlier this month. Wimbush is unquestionably the worst passing qb at ND over that same period of time. If he doesn't have a tough time winning the qb job in the offseason/spring/summer than the 18 team is a 4-5 win team. He is horrible.
I don't know. Carlyle Holiday wasn't a particularly good passer nor was Pat Dillingham.
Woodynd22
How can Navy have a better defense than USC? This is horrible
Tripucka
Woodynd22 said:

Tripucka said:

jason4irish said:

I would too, but he is not coming... but there our other good young coach's that would
I don't think anyone can say one way or the other, but I do agree that there are others who would who are better options than kelly.
tvanp63
Would like to see McIntosh in second half. He has played hard every opportunity he's had. And where is Dexter? Doesn't matter much if coaches can't make adjustments.
Frankbuz
Why does Kelly take the ball to start the game? He's an idiot
mattfreeman
Staff
Annnnnd we're back.
leofitz
Arnaz Battle and the kid from Chicago who transferred and became a linebacker were not worldbeater passers.
SWANSEA
tvanp63 said:

Would like to see McIntosh in second half. He has played hard every opportunity he's had. And where is Dexter? Doesn't matter much if coaches can't make adjustments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.